Rage to play Rock Am Ring 2008

chittychitty Posts: 609
edited December 2007 in Other Music
Was bored and on the net last night and came across news on Rage's own website that they will play the Rock am Ring and Rock im Park festival's in Germany in June. I assume this means they will announce more European shows.
Should be sweet! I may have to make my first appearance at Rock am Ring....

http://www.ratm.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I'm pretty sure they are playing Nova Rock fest in Spain as well. European festival and arenas tours rock! :D Hope they play Ireland, maybe the RDS Arena or one of the festivals...
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I'm pretty sure they are playing Nova Rock fest in Spain as well. European festival and arenas tours rock! :D Hope they play Ireland, maybe the RDS Arena or one of the festivals...
    ?? Nova Rock fest is in Austria...
  • Pegasus wrote:
    ?? Nova Rock fest is in Austria...
    Oops, I was thinking of Azkena Rock Festival, I meant Nova Rock.
    But I don't know if it's true.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Rumour has it, they'll be doing Oxegen in Ireland too. Just rumours though. I wouldn't trust that.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Rumour has it, they'll be doing Oxegen in Ireland too. Just rumours though. I wouldn't trust that.
    Yeah, it looks like a European festivals and arenas tour so Oxegen is quite likely... Fingers crossed.
  • How bout some fuckin U.S. dates?
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Fuck Oxegen. Roack AM will be a better festival. I am getting tickets within the next fortnight. I'm going to go fucking mental!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!!!!
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    How bout some fuckin U.S. dates?
    They've had a few- only festivals though. I'd love to see a whole US tour with them as headliners. Who would you like to see open for them?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • LukinFan wrote:
    They've had a few- only festivals though. I'd love to see a whole US tour with them as headliners. Who would you like to see open for them?

Saw them this past August at Alpine Valley and what a kick ass show. I'd love to see again and with some new songs as well. The band Clutch opens up for them and then Rage rocks the rest of the nite. :)
    Got my tickets already. See 60 + gigs and not one festival so this was a no brainer, although I can only afford bread and water for the next week but what the hell.
    Anyone else getting tickets?

Dublin 08/06
  • cool...
    i'll be there for the first time...

hope for a pearl jam appearance...they have not been there for 8 years...
    "now i've got room to spread my wings and my messages of love...yeah love was my drug but that's not what i died of"

"I don't wanna think, I wanna feel"

"Go then, there are other worlds than these!" - Jake Chambers

09/02/2005 Vancouver
    09/23/2006 Berlin
    06/21/2007 Düsseldorf
  • chittychitty Posts: 609
    Binaural wrote:
    Got my tickets already. See 60 + gigs and not one festival so this was a no brainer, although I can only afford bread and water for the next week but what the hell.
    Anyone else getting tickets?

I am seriously considering it. I want to do another euro festival. See what flights I can come up with, but early june is usually cheap season so I think it can be done....Will be great to see Rage! As well, I am sure many more good bands will be there.
    chitty wrote:
    I am seriously considering it. I want to do another euro festival. See what flights I can come up with, but early june is usually cheap season so I think it can be done....Will be great to see Rage! As well, I am sure many more good bands will be there.
    It would be cool if we got a group from the pit together, and I am banking on Sej Tankian makin an apearance as well, seeing as how it will be the first run of euro festivals since the release of the album but who knows, all I know is two hours of RATM is more than I can ask for :D Having seen the footage from the Rock AM Ring festival on thei first dvd I am more than pumped for this :)

Dublin 08/06
    bumpity bump

Dublin 08/06
  • Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    Rumours are flying around that the guys are playing Reading/Leeds fest. Put your money on them being there.
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • I would like a US tour, I'm sick of them playing festivals
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."