Pemberton (Vancouver) Festival

chittychitty Posts: 609
edited July 2008 in Other Music
Wow, this looks amazing if it is true, but by all accounts it looks legit. Check out the following links:

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=aa370475-98af-4d0a-b63b-3c82d2e62481&k=96736

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003725081

http://www.pembertonfestival.com/home/

The pemberton festival site is now up.

NIN, the Hip, Tom Petty, Coldplay, Wintersleep, MMJ, among many others.
This venue is abzolutely stunning. The town is tiny in the valley of soaring mountains.
Hope it's true and if so, see ya there!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    That is sick..I'll be there.
  • leavin hereleavin here Posts: 145
    Holy shit.

Sounds too good to be true! Oh man i want to be there, I wish tickets went on sale later cause i dont know what i will be doing in july, i know i have school, but i can work around that!
    Vancouver 09/02/05, so far so good
  • chittychitty Posts: 609
    It now sounds very legit. Amazing line-up. Pretty pumped about this. The festival I have been to in Europe was outstanding. I'll buy a ticket for this, though they are very steep. If I can't go I should be able to get close to cost back.
    Summer's shaping up good for shows and I just hope PJ's announcement includes a date or two in the Northwest(preferably the Gorge).
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    chitty wrote:
    Wow, this looks amazing if it is true, but by all accounts it looks legit. Check out the following links:

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=aa370475-98af-4d0a-b63b-3c82d2e62481&k=96736

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003725081

http://www.pembertonfestival.com/home/

The pemberton festival site is now up.

NIN, the Hip, Tom Petty, Coldplay, Wintersleep, MMJ, among many others.
    This venue is abzolutely stunning. The town is tiny in the valley of soaring mountains.
    Hope it's true and if so, see ya there!

Fuck Yeah!!! .....I heard them talk about this on the radio this morning ....but the line up on the sight even looks better than what they mentioned ....and you are right the setting will be spectacular! :D
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    holy fuck. what the hell? what a lineup!

Coldplay
    Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
    Nine Inch Nails
    Jay-Z
    Flaming Lips
    Interpol
    Death Cab For Cutie
    The Tragically Hip
    Serj Tankian
    My Morning Jacket
    Metric
    Sam Roberts Band
    Vampire Weekend
    Black Mountain
    Minus The Bear
    Wintersleep
    Buck 65
    Secret Machines
    MGMT
    Brazillian Girls
    SIA
    Fiery Furnaces
    Mates of State
    The Airborne Toxic Event
    Carolina Liar
    Grand Ole Party
    Monte Negro
    Low Vs Diamond
    Annie Stela
    The Crystal Method
    DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    Junkie XL
    David Seaman
    Booka Shade
    MSTRKRFT
    M.A.N.D.Y.
    Tommie Sunshine
    Chromeo
    Deadmau5
    3 OH! 3
    Kevin Shiu
    Timeline
    Tony Pantages
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Yeah I posted about this earlier here.
    I wish I could go but alas Im gonna be too broke to go.
    Already going to Van for Eddie.

I am dying to see DCFC though.
    Hope maybe they will tour closer to home after the Pemberton.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    If I didn't live in the prairies and already have tickets to Bonnaroo, I'd be at this festival. I love the lineup.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • superdeluxesuperdeluxe Posts: 119
    Argh.

Minus the Bear is missing from the site (I think it was in the original announcement)

Also... No outside food/drink...and you can't park car at your tent site (Have to haul camping gear).

Dance tent is pretty cool though..and line up is rockin.
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Holy crap. The Hip, Sammy Roberts, Wintersleep, and Tom Petty all at the same show? ROAD TRIP!!!
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    it is pretty rad if it wasn't like a week before Lolla, now I have some thinking to do, plus not super keen on camping
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
    Yeah, some of the rules are kind of BS. Camping is included in the ticket price in almost any Euro festival, but not here. It is another $60 per person. Parking only free if you have 4 or more people in the car. No alcohol in camping, more BS. I am lucky I know someone who lives there so I"ll probably set up shop in the backyard of his place......
    I'll still go though. I've been talking about how cool a festival in the Vancouver area would/will be.
    yeah, im hoping the backyard thing works for me too, i knwo a friend there, shes talking to her landlord, a lot of those rules do suck...

what do you think about the VIP tickets?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
    VIP tix sound good, but I'd have to win the lottery between now and then to have any chance of purchasing one.......
  • a lot of the major fests have all those rules, the thing about rules is they were meant to be broken, not happy about the camping fee being separate but oh well ive been bitching for years about how BC needs a festival like this so i will not miss this, stellar lineup as well and my birthday is the monday so looks like ill have a kick ass rocking birthday this year !!
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
    my girl and i are doing the VIP thing. weve agreed.

i like the idea of having a VIP viewing platform, im going for the music not the party aspect, i LOVE a few of those bands (the hip, mmj, wintersleep, NIN) i dont want to be in a crowd of 37,000 if i can avoid it and for 600 smackers it appears as though i can. hope i can get a pair.
    good luck!
  • superdeluxesuperdeluxe Posts: 119
    Recent Additions:

Matisyahu
    Minus the Bear
    NERD
    Wolfmother
    Kathleen Edwards
  • laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    for those who dont know the area. it will be really f..ckin hot.
    good thing is that its low season for hotels at whistler.
    the road going there is a nightmare,getting it ready for the olympics
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • SpunkieSpunkie Posts: 6,473
    Yip fuckin' e.
    Got my tix, and festival camping ground, too! I hope it rains and gets really muddy! Insert shit eating grin.
  • this is coming up pretty soon...
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Fuck Yeah!!! .....I heard them talk about this on the radio this morning ....but the line up on the sight even looks better than what they mentioned ....and you are right the setting will be spectacular! :D

So, Hawkshore, you going?
  • all of us who are going from here should try and meet up.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
    One week countdown...
    wow, time flies. One week away! I regreted buying tickets b/c of the costs(with no alcohol in campsite, parking cost, gas, etc) but now that is close I am pumped!
    Saw today, MMJ only gets 45 minutes. What a joke!
    Only the headliners are pulling an hour, the last act 1.5. Blame MMJ for not being bigger than the Flaming Lips or Tom Petty, if you're gonna b*tch about it! Did the Flaming Lips not totally bring it at last nights VH1's?

Yeah, yeah, they rocked up IIC and I wanna check them out. Mostly, I'm just happy to get that opportunity.

Saturday is a sweet line up, hey, with S. Roberts and the Hip in there.

Mind you, I fell for T. Reznor when they stole the show from PJ at the Bridge a few years back.

And who could not love Coldplay. I mean, they sing: "My song is love." And that's pretty damn close to LBC, if you ask me.

Should be a kick ass camping weekend. I hope it rains and we all get muddy.
    I like the friday line-up the best. Either way, should be a great weekend!
  • BremertonBremerton Posts: 279
    I don't understand the short set times. What are they thinking?
    Hmm... who knows? It was like seeing Green River not headline, for 40 minutes, no encore.... At any rate... good time, not long time, eh?
    "Did you shower today?"
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    tish wrote:
    "Did you shower today?"

Setting the the bar pretty high don't you think! ;) ..........have a blast and let us know WHO ROCKED OUT THE MOST!!! :)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10