the white stripes-live

chittychitty Posts: 609
edited July 2007 in Other Music
Second time seeing them, saw them in amsterdam before on their last tour.
This time was horrible. The setlist choice was brutal and they played maybe just over an hour for a large chunk of change!
Although I love their new cd, I would recommend staying away from the their live show.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• you're insane. i just got back from the deer lake park gig in burnaby.
    great set. not the best stripes show i've seen, but certainly entertaining as hell. i think it being outdoors and still light out kinda gave it a different vibe than the other 9 stripes gigs i've been to.
    the only thing brutal about today was the rain while standing in line. ... and the beer line.
  • chittychitty Posts: 609
    Each to his own I guess, but really I thought the set was way too short and the setlist left alot to be desired.
    I admit the sound was good and it is an amazing venue, what isn't in Vancouver? After over 100 shows live, one of my least favourite! There was many others on the walk out that agreed.
    Good to hear you enjoyed it though.
  • hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    I could care less about setlist. All I care about is, does Jack go off on the guitar much?
  • laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    i'd like the raconteurs to hit vancouver again
    wicked
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I'm going to be seeing them at the Moncton Coliseum on Tuesday evening! I haven't seen them live yet, and am looking forward to!
  • Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    I heard the setlist is made up on the spot while playing and they just play whatever they feel like... kinda cool i guess.
  • I saw them in this cool theater in Columbus a few years back and I thought they were fucking great. Jack is just an unbelievable musician. I could watch him play all day. Setlist was great too.
  • I heard the setlist is made up on the spot while playing and they just play whatever they feel like... kinda cool i guess.

yea that does sound cool. plus if people are shouting out song requests there's probably a good chance that they'd play them.
  • eclecticeclectic Posts: 244
    I saw them headline Reading Festival in 2005 and was totally underwhelmed.Out of their depth and self indulgent , and just not very good.
    'All the rusted signs,we ignore throughout our lives,
    Choosing the shiny ones instead'

Reading 06 - Torino 06 - Wembley 07