Black Tide: The Future of Metal

OdinOdin Posts: 599
edited March 2008 in Other Music
This is definitely a band to look out for in the future. The band members are only teenagers, with the youngest being only 14, and they still kick the living shit out of most metal bands today. People on some of the metal forums I frequent are hailing them as the next Maiden. Amazing technical skill, incredible singing....they have everything going for them. Had I been exposed to their music last year, I would have been sure to see them open up for A7X in Columbus. Everything I've heard from their upcoming album Light From Above is superb. And unless they sell out or fuck up their lives in a major way, they will probably get even better over time.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Music video for their single Shockwave:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw4aqN0XlRc
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Impressive playing skills for their age and maybe they'll develop and make something more creative and interesting but if that's the future of metal then I'm going to have to stop listening. It sounds exactly like what it is, a bunch of kids copying their idols, and fair enough, what kid wouldn't want to do that, I just can't imagine why you'd want to listen to it.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Impressive playing skills for their age and maybe they'll develop and make something more creative and interesting but if that's the future of metal then I'm going to have to stop listening. It sounds exactly like what it is, a bunch of kids copying their idols, and fair enough, what kid wouldn't want to do that, I just can't imagine why you'd want to listen to it.

You have to remember that they are only teenagers and will most likely develop their own style over time. Remember how Silverchair sounded when they first came out? One song sounded like Grunge Band X and the next like Grunge Band Y.

Personally, I find Black Tide to be quite refreshing. Too many contemporary metal bands are ruined by excessive screaming, and bands like Black Tide may help steer the genre away from that.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Odin wrote:
    You have to remember that they are only teenagers and will most likely develop their own style over time. Remember how Silverchair sounded when they first came out? One song sounded like Grunge Band X and the next like Grunge Band Y.

Personally, I find Black Tide to be quite refreshing. Too many contemporary metal bands are ruined by excessive screaming, and bands like Black Tide may help steer the genre away from that.
    Like I said, they have the technical ability to develop. Let's just hope they have the creative ability. As it stands there's a million bands I'd rather listen to. I don't doubt their potential but I was deeply unimpressed by the songs that I heard on youtube.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"