Something about Mudhoney..

JussiJussi Posts: 10
edited January 2007 in Other Music
I read an recent article about Mudhoney in a paper here in Finland. (At least some of) The guys in Mudhoney still have normal dayjobs. One of them was working for Sub Pop (in a storage or something) and one was working in a mental institution. I can't remember exactly who did what. They are not very big here except in the indie circles but I wonder do they really still have to work besides their music careers? Or do they just want to keep it that way? It was a nice article and interview, cool guys.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• From what I have heard, that is true. They have day jobs.
  • mark arm (singer/guitar player) is the one at subpop. he does the merch shipping i believe. i forgot if it was steve or dan that works in the hospital.

they rock. buy the new album if you haven't already.
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310
    I will be buying thier new album. The last two were amazing. Just need to find it.

Steve Turners solo albums rock too. Bad Ideas was a piece of gold, Painting a picture and Chalkies on a Bummer among others are awesome.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    It's unlikely they'd work day jobs if they didn't have to.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • lefanlefan Posts: 9
    I'm not surprsied they have day jobs....man listen to their music.
    A F'n proud, drunk (90% of the time) French Canadian.
  • ^ get 'em boys!!!!!!!!
    everything=3

2-1-0

4-3-2-1-0
    2---2--3---3--2----1

2-2-2-3-3-3-2-2-0

M
  • lefan wrote:
    I'm not surprsied they have day jobs....man listen to their music.

it's sad cause mudhoney, the band that EVERY "SEATTLE" BAND (including Pearl Jam) worships and admits they themselves would not exist if it weren't for mudhoney.

i can understand not enjoying their music, because it is not very radio friendly. if you don't at least appreciate mudhoney then you don't really get it, you're more of a surface music fan -- not willing to understand why bands sound the way they do/who influences them.

enjoy your daily listen of "smells like teen spirit"
  • InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    Mudhoney can be good. My favorite Mudhoney song is 1000 Forms of Mind.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Mudhoney FUCKIN Rock.

Heres a bootleg to prove it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y8ODK05K

Santiago, Chilie, 23/11/05

Setlist:

- Suck You Dry
    - The Straight Life
    - You Got It
    - I Saw The Light
    - No One Has
    - Touch Me I'm Sick
    - On The Move
    - If I Think
    - Hard On For War
    - In "N" Out Of Grace
    - Hate The Police

I think this proves their brilliance.:D
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
    Somebody told me recently that Mudhoney broke up, is that true? I can't find it online so I guess not, but...
  • Mudhoney FUCKIN Rock.

Heres a bootleg to prove it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y8ODK05K

Santiago, Chilie, 23/11/05

Setlist:

- Suck You Dry
    - The Straight Life
    - You Got It
    - I Saw The Light
    - No One Has
    - Touch Me I'm Sick
    - On The Move
    - If I Think
    - Hard On For War
    - In "N" Out Of Grace
    - Hate The Police

I think this proves their brilliance.:D

The link doesn't work, says it's expired due to inactivity.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • the rumors are untrue, they are still together. And would be for ever !

Yep, they have day jobs. They didn't start making music to get rich and popular, unlike your favorite bands mr Lefan. But its not STILL ! they toured a lot in the 90s. And touring is the most profitable thing in music bussiness (unless you're a corporation puppet such as boybands or any rock band that gets signed thru a major) but since they don't tour that much anymore (you know, old age they say. I would say laziness as well)

Mark works for Subpop, Guy is a cardiac nurse at some Medical Center in Seattle and Dan and Steve are stay at home dads. But then they turn into superheroes at night just to rock as out and save us from the bad rock bands out there ;)

Ps: Steve solo records are great ! I just got the last one entitled "New Wave Punk Asshole" and kick ass !
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/28/05 - Porto Alegre, BR
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
  • The link doesn't work, says it's expired due to inactivity.

I Shall look for it and re up it if I can find it.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • that would be cool reefchief ;)
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/28/05 - Porto Alegre, BR
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
  • I Shall look for it and re up it if I can find it.

That would be very cool of you. Thanks!
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • mark arm wrote:
    the rumors are untrue, they are still together. And would be for ever !

Ps: Steve solo records are great ! I just got the last one entitled "New Wave Punk Asshole" and kick ass !

oh yeah? Bad Ideas was an awesome record. One of the greats
  • Like six months ago or something, I was introduced to Dan Peters outside the Sunset Tavern in Ballard, he was there to see a Girl Trouble show. Genuine, nice guy, I was pretty excited to meet him. When I shook his hand he held it against his head a couple times, he was just being goofy, that or he put down a few earlier. :)
    www.myspace.com/olafvonmastadon
  • I don't understand how a great band like Mudhoney, who influenced so many other great bands, don't earn enough money from selling records to live off :confused:

I know they don't appeal to everyone but I like them :)
  • I don't understand how a great band like Mudhoney, who influenced so many other great bands, don't earn enough money from selling records to live off :confused:

I know they don't appeal to everyone but I like them :)

It's very probable that they do make enough to not work but just choose to work to stay occupied.. kinda like retired people. Anyway, great band!!
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • taratara Posts: 293
    Jussi wrote:
    I read an recent article about Mudhoney in a paper here in Finland. (At least some of) The guys in Mudhoney still have normal dayjobs. One of them was working for Sub Pop (in a storage or something) and one was working in a mental institution. I can't remember exactly who did what. They are not very big here except in the indie circles but I wonder do they really still have to work besides their music careers? Or do they just want to keep it that way? It was a nice article and interview, cool guys.

weren't they the biggest band out of seattle at one point?
    kinda makes me feel bad for downloading, i always download saying 'i need the $10 more then they do', maybe this is not the case with mudhoney :(
    No problem can be solved from the same consciousness that created it.
    Albert Einstein
    Mudhoney's worth buying. They put a lot of effort into thier discs, plus the vinyls are kick ass.

http://www.subpop.com/scripts/main/catalog.php?cat=true&display_type=merch&type=music&bandname=Mudhoney

Check out the Since Weve Become Translucent lp for 10 bucks.

p.s nirvana has rare singles there for cheap too