Smashing Pumpkins

NothinGBetteRPJMaNNothinGBetteRPJMaN Posts: 530
edited October 2007 in Other Music
Im going to see em live this Thursday at my school! Ive always really liked them, but havent listened to the new album much lately

anyone else see them live on this tour? how are they?

there shows seem to be really short judging by how many songs are on their set list
*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
he grew a beard.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    i saw them in san francisco two nights in a row and both were awesome. you won't be disappointed. but yeah the shows have been clocking in around two hours lately. my brother saw them front row two nights ago in utah and said it was as good as the san fran shows. i'm pretty jealous..would love to see them again.
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I saw them in Brussels in May.
    They were awesome and played for 3 hours !
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • U-RU-R Posts: 223
    who is actually in the line-up when they play live these days?
    if you love somebody, set them free. if somebody loves you, don't fuck up
  • snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    U-R wrote:
    who is actually in the line-up when they play live these days?
    billy, i think the original drummer, some hot chick. i donno some other guy i think.
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    snipes824 wrote:
    billy, i think the original drummer, some hot chick. i donno some other guy i think.
    yes, Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlain are there.
    There's a new bassist. A girl and she's hot !
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Does Billy Corgan sound more like Gish through Adore than Zeitgeist live? I can't stand the childish whining on Zeitgeist.
    Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009
  • Julien wrote:
    I saw them in Brussels in May.
    They were awesome and played for 3 hours !

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/photos_gallery_1018?ID=652

yea in Brussels as well as in San Fran they had a longgg set

but here is a recent one from Colorado

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/photos_gallery_1018?ID=2999

show seems much shorter, and doesnt even look 2 hours

do they only do a 2 song encore?
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • Im going to see em live this Thursday at my school! Ive always really liked them, but havent listened to the new album much lately

anyone else see them live on this tour? how are they?

there shows seem to be really short judging by how many songs are on their set list

You must be going to show in Normal? I would kind of consider that a 'chicago' show, so you guys might get some extra special.

The band definately sounds better than their 2000 tour, if that is saying anything.

Also, the setlist looks short, but if you time the total amount of time played its usually between 2:15 to 2:30.

They play 2-3 songs that are around 10-12 minutes each.

I knew the band couldnt keep it up like they did at the residencies, so I expected the show to be cut down by at least 45 minutes.

New members are bassist: ginger reyes, guitar: Jeff Shroeder, Keyboard/other instruments: Lisa Harrinton

Have Fun!
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    drunkcow wrote:
    Does Billy Corgan sound more like Gish through Adore than Zeitgeist live? I can't stand the childish whining on Zeitgeist.

The production on Zeitgeist ruined that album... why is vocals are so much higher than everything else is just beyond me, but it totally just shits all over what could have been some great songs. Billy has a very distinctive voice, we are going to know it is him, but he shouldn't be louder than everything else.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.