Edith Piaf...

eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
edited October 2007 in Other Music
...makes me wish I spoke French. :o

I'm in love with her voice.
"Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• She was one of the greatest artists ever. Really amazing voice and, from what I've read and heard, amazing performances too...
    Mexico City - July 17th 2003
    Mexico City - July 18th 2003
    Mexico City - July 19th 2003
    Monterrey - December 7th 2005
    Mexico City - December 9th 2005
    Mexico City - December 10th 2005
    Mexico City - November 24th 2011
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    caifan82 wrote:
    She was one of the greatest artists ever. Really amazing voice and, from what I've read and heard, amazing performances too...

yeah. would've loved to see her on stage. *dreams*

any good books/bios of her you could recommend? :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    has anyone seen the new-ish movie about Edith Piaf?

is it any good?

I haven't had the time to watch it yet..
  • PearlerPearler Posts: 191
    Little Sparrow.

My dearly departed dad had a cassette or 2 of hers back in the day, nice memories.

She is also mentioned in a scene in Saving Private Ryan.
    Pearler wrote:
    Little Sparrow.

My dearly departed dad had a cassette or 2 of hers back in the day, nice memories.

She is also mentioned in a scene in Saving Private Ryan.

haha. cassettes, I've still got some mix tapes I listen to. :D

really? I've yet to see that movie so dunno. :o
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    51p9aj6m9laa2401237f1bdi4.jpg

Yesterday while completing pool workouts with my patient we listened to the best of EDITH PIAF.[/b] Her beautiful French voice sounded so good during our workouts and here's a trailer to a new release on her life called La Vie En Rose. I saw the movie twice and she lived a hellish life and still made something of herself and such a powerful voice.

51ryp3zb5tlaa240124ee2chx7.jpg

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    51p9aj6m9laa2401237f1bdi4.jpg

Yesterday while completing pool workouts with my patient we listened to the best of EDITH PIAF.[/b] Her beautiful French voice sounded so good during our workouts and here's a trailer to a new release on her life called La Vie En Rose. I saw the movie twice and she lived a hellish life and still made something of herself and such a powerful voice.

51ryp3zb5tlaa240124ee2chx7.jpg

Peace

so I reckon it's a good watch then? :)

as soon as I have the chance I'll check it out. :)