The Mars Volta live in LA Orpheum Theater February 23rd

edited February 2007 in Other Music
I´m in Argentina right now, so I won´t go...:(

anybody is going???
...can´t wear my mask, your first my last...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I saw the Mars Volta open for the chili peppers in Minneapolis this last November. The lead singer left the stage and starting walking through the crowd in the middle of the 2nd song they were playing and proceded to knock anyones $7.00 beer that he could get into his reach as high into the air as he could. He prolly spilled 15-20 peoples drinks. Security got around him and I think thats good cause a lot of people were not impressed. So no I'm definately not going to see them ever again:)
    08-10-00 East Troy, WI..."The Icebowl"
    10-03-04 Grand Rapids, MI
    09-09-05 Thunder Bay, ON
    05-16/17-06 Chicago, Ill.
    06-26/27-06 St. Paul, MN.
    08-02-07 Chicago, Ill.
    08-05-07 Chicago, Ill.
    http://www.myspace.com/mitchperzichilli
  • darthdarth Posts: 139
    Temoryian wrote:
    I saw the Mars Volta open for the chili peppers in Minneapolis this last November. The lead singer left the stage and starting walking through the crowd in the middle of the 2nd song they were playing and proceded to knock anyones $7.00 beer that he could get into his reach as high into the air as he could. He prolly spilled 15-20 peoples drinks. Security got around him and I think thats good cause a lot of people were not impressed. So no I'm definately not going to see them ever again:)

Your not going to see a great band ever again because Cedric decided to go knock beers over? That's kinda silly but Cedric has had his moments in thee past and he probably had a reason for it. He tends to over react if things are thrown at him so I bet he got hit by a beer so decided to go help people spill them instead haha.

TMV are so kick ass live though, I've seen em 3 times.
    9/16/95; 10/14/00; 10/15/00; 10/17/00; 4/5/03; 4/6/03; 10/04/09; 11/12/12 (Ed); 11/16/13; 10/12/14
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 792
    Temoryian wrote:
    I saw the Mars Volta open for the chili peppers in Minneapolis this last November. The lead singer left the stage and starting walking through the crowd in the middle of the 2nd song they were playing and proceded to knock anyones $7.00 beer that he could get into his reach as high into the air as he could. He prolly spilled 15-20 peoples drinks. Security got around him and I think thats good cause a lot of people were not impressed. So no I'm definately not going to see them ever again:)

I was there as well. It was my 6th Volta show. They blew the chilis away in my opinion. Saw Sparta last night which was great too. Here's vid of the beer rampage. He was doing that the last several nights on the chilis tour. I'd imagine to wake up the crowd. It was actually hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ9p6TZ9Qes
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I have only seen the Mars Volta once on their own headlining tour and twice as openers (for RHCP and SOAD) I went to both concerts they were openers mainly to see them.

I wish they would stop opening for bands and just play clubs. Their solo show was one of the best shows i've seen. It sucks Cedric was knocking people's beers over. For whatever reason the may have those beers are expensive!

I love TMV and wish they would play around here again.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • I should probably not miss the next Mars Volta concert, I hope they will come soon to Argentina...I saw a few concerts in dvd and they were shocking.
    ...can´t wear my mask, your first my last...
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Temoryian wrote:

Good,

I'd rather see one of the best live bands around (not sure if they still are w/o Jon) with less people.