Guns N Roses cancels show over booze law

edited November 2006 in Other Music
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• a better question, in my opinion, would be "why can't the band play one night without drinking?"
    Axl wrote:
    "It was important for us to play there and it is a shame that what should have been a great night for all of us was not possible due to the actions of two people,"

sounds more like it was important for him to get loaded on stage. see, this is why i'll never go see a concert that has axl anywhere in the lineup.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    what makes you think axl would show up at a guns and roses concert?
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    thats sorta weird........

in California, where you can't really smoke anywhere, performers are allowed to smoke onstage.
  • Axl's a dick. I had the chance to go in Ottawa, but decided not to. I'm seein the Goo Goo Dolls that night.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • can he not have some drinks before the show......and even step off stage for a quick sip during the show? He's holding on to pretty much nothing at this point........who are these people forking out to see a fake Guns N roses show anyway?
    "It's all happening"
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    thats sorta weird........

in California, where you can't really smoke anywhere, performers are allowed to smoke onstage.

in scotland (indoor public smoking was banned just 6 months ago), people are not even allowed to smoke on stage... even in plays where someone is a smoker. moronic.... but hey, not as moronic as axl rose.

and apparently the suicide girls burlesque troupe cancelled shows at short notice just cuz axl requested them to open up for his band... and then he cancels one of those shows purely cuz he's got the brain and maturity of a demon offspring of elton john and tommy lee...

gnr always completely sucked (people have seemed to forget this) and since no remaining member used to be in the fastbacks, they now have zero redeeming factors...
    take a teenage riot to get me outta bed right now...
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    can he not have some drinks before the show......and even step off stage for a quick sip during the show? He's holding on to pretty much nothing at this point........who are these people forking out to see a fake Guns N roses show anyway?
    theres a sucker or a few thousand born every day.i personally wouldnt see g n r if the concert was for $10
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• sooo does this mean PJ will never play maine?
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    greenmind wrote:
    and apparently the suicide girls burlesque troupe cancelled shows at short notice just cuz axl requested them to open up for his band... and then he cancels one of those shows purely cuz he's got the brain and maturity of a demon offspring of elton john and tommy lee...

They don't join the tour until 11-13.
  • moeaholic wrote:
    a better question, in my opinion, would be "why can't the band play one night without drinking?"

sounds more like it was important for him to get loaded on stage. see, this is why i'll never go see a concert that has axl anywhere in the lineup.

Yeah, and Eddie prefers playing sober as opposed to downing (at LEAST) one bottle of wine ON STAGE, per show.

Come to think of it, PJ hasn't played Maine in a while, eh?
  • Loaded like a freight train. Flying like an aeroplane. Feeling like a space brain one more fuckin' time toni-ei-ight. yeaaaaaaaaah!
  • He should be able to drink onstage if he wants to.
    Ed does, every show, loosens him up, makes him perform better, I think.

Axl is an idiot, though. The tix for those so called Guns and Roses shows are way to much $$$. It's not even the original members. Slash is not there.
    I think it would be like going to see PJ with Ed and his Bad Radio members. ;-)
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,682
    Make no mistake, this show was cancelled because they had sold about 3,000 tickets in a 12,000 seat arena...the booze thing is an excuse only.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    .....who are these people forking out to see a fake Guns N roses show anyway?

There's a huge thread about GNR with lots of 'these people' in it, myself included... the show was actually quite nice, thank you very much.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Surely they could have just put their drinks in soft drinks bottles or something? How fucking ridiculous, if that is the real reason they cancelled.
  • Poncier wrote:
    Make no mistake, this show was cancelled because they had sold about 3,000 tickets in a 12,000 seat arena...the booze thing is an excuse only.

Interesting, I don't doubt that, and it brings light to the perspective. They were looking for anything to cancel the show and the booze law was just the ticket.
  • God Axl is a narcassisitc prick.
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Anybody else notice that this order came about after the fire inspectors checked on the pyrotechnic setup? Perhaps it was cancelled because drunken morons + fire do not make for a good outcome.
    I discovered the secret of life, but forgot to write it down.
  • greenmind wrote:
    gnr always completely sucked (people have seemed to forget this) and since no remaining member used to be in the fastbacks, they now have zero redeeming factors...

As if!? Maybe in your opinion. They were a killer band back when they had the majority of their original members.