Options

Days of the new

OmaramaOmarama Posts: 267
edited April 2006 in Other Music
i heard 'touch, peel and stand' on the radio today, not for the first time either.i've always thought it was a really great song,i haven't heard anything else from this band that i know of, is anyone on here a fan???
Monty Got a Raw Deal

" makes much more sense to live in the present tense "
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    walkthamilewalkthamile Posts: 349
    Omarama wrote:
    i heard 'touch, peel and stand' on the radio today, not for the first time either.i've always thought it was a really great song,i haven't heard anything else from this band that i know of, is anyone on here a fan???

have not heard from them in a while...

They were flogging a trademark sound when I last heard them...A cross between Pearl Jam/Soundgarden/Alice in Chains...and I did'nt like it.
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
  • Options
    OmaramaOmarama Posts: 267
    yeah they're not particularly original but that doesn't always mean bad
    Monty Got a Raw Deal

" makes much more sense to live in the present tense "
  • Options
    I own a couple albums by them....they were not too bad. I don't really listen to them that much anymore but they were good at the time. If you liked Touch, Peel and Stand definatley give the albums a listen...there is even better songs for you to discover...IMO.
  • Options
    journeymanjourneyman Posts: 135
    The lead dude is a meth head and was featured on A&E's Intervention. Also their 2nd or 3rd album, don't know which, featured that chick from the pussycat dolls. Haha, weak on all respects.
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I never bought any of the other albums, but their first album, the one with "Touch, Peel, Stand" remains in constant rotation. I love it.
    The only reason I never purchased any of the others was because what I liked about them was the whole "only accoustic deal" on the first album. From what I (think) I heard, the others weren't accoustic. They weren't special enough for me to want to buy an electric album of theirs.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    JSP552003JSP552003 Posts: 222
    yosi wrote:
    I never bought any of the other albums, but their first album, the one with "Touch, Peel, Stand" remains in constant rotation. I love it.
    The only reason I never purchased any of the others was because what I liked about them was the whole "only accoustic deal" on the first album. From what I (think) I heard, the others weren't accoustic. They weren't special enough for me to want to buy an electric album of theirs.

well the second album (green) is still mostly acoustic mixed with some electronic stuff tho....the third album (red) has a few electric songs but its still pretty good....i like travis meeks' voice alot...good stuff
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,089
    I like 'em...not sure what they're up to lately. I think each album was better than the one prior...a little more instrumentation and better hooks as they (he) progressed.