edited November 2006 in Other Music
i was thinking of getting 'the very best of sting and the police'

discuss
Monty Got a Raw Deal

" makes much more sense to live in the present tense "
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i don't like best of cd's. but i love the police! just go get ghosts in the machine or any of their earlier cd's.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    If you want a greatest hits then get "Every Breath You Take - The Singles".
    If you have the money, get "Message in a Bottle" box set.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Sting w/ The Police = brilliant, genius.
    Sting w/o The Police = adult contemporary pablum.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    cutback wrote:
    If you have the money, get "Message in a Bottle" box set.

"Message in a Bottle" box set= " Message In A Box " 4 CD set- entire catalogue and some singles.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    I love the Police!

Now for Sting's solo stuff, meh! and I grew up w/BOTH the Police AND Sting, once he went solo.
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Omarama wrote:

Get The Police's "Message In A Box: The Complete Recordings". You can get a used copy on Amazon for under $20. It has everything you need and it also has the best sound quality.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    JWBusher wrote:
    Get The Police's "Message In A Box: The Complete Recordings". You can get a used copy on Amazon for under $20. It has everything you need and it also has the best sound quality.

It's a great set indeed.

And to one up it, get the SACDs if you can. The latter few albums sound especially amazing.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Omarama wrote:

discuss
    'The Singles' is a far better one. I'm not sure if it's still available though. If you can find it, I'd deffo recommend that over the joint-Sting thing.
  • I have that CD, and there's one thing that drives me crazy. There is a huge picture of Sting being all Sting-y, and then at the top this little bitty picture of The Police. Drives me crazy. Decent collection though.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    jeffbr wrote:
    Sting w/ The Police = brilliant, genius.
    Sting w/o The Police = adult contemporary pablum.
    Well said and quite true..........why would anyone spend money on Sting solo material, unless they are considering suicide?

"Message in a Box" is all that you need.......until some well-recorded live stuff hits the market place.

The Police were easily one of the top five bands that I ever saw live......they were out of this world.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    "Message in a Bottle" box set= " Message In A Box " 4 CD set- entire catalogue and some singles.
    Sorry I was a little sleepy when I posted. But I think my point came across.