Robert Plant/Alison Krauss

jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
edited December 2007 in Other Music
Big news!
Now that he's got the reunion out of his system, it's been announced that Robert will tour the UK next year with Alison Krauss....WOOHOO!
Tickets on sale tomorrow....http://www.planetrock.com
I came, I saw, I concurred.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Great news for the UK.....she is incredible live, and he ain't half bad either. :D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i really really really need to pee... i also really really really need to get this album!!!!! :eek:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    dunkman wrote:
    i really really really need to pee... i also really really really need to get this album!!!!! :eek:
    You need to get it if you haven't already...between this album and the red wine, mate...there's barely panties being worn at all around here. It is that seductive.
    jamie uk wrote:
    You need to get it if you haven't already...between this album and the red wine, mate...there's barely panties being worn at all around here. It is that seductive.

i've just acquired it amigo :)

cheers :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Is the album really that good??

Hanen't heard it.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • It really is good. The Amazon customer reviews sum up to 4 star. It is really polarized. A lot of 5 star reviews and a lot of 1 star reviews with little inbetween. The 1 stars are Zeppelin fans looking for Achilles Last Stand. It is like the latter tracks of Led Zep 3, or like some of the Honeydrippers stuff. I think it is really great.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • it's great in the sense that neither plant or krauss outdo each other and they're both very held back. It's pretty quiet stuff. They both get a chance at lead vocals but the beauty lies in their harmony. No egos are at all evident on the album anywhere and I think that has a lot to do with it's appeal. And yes, the songs selection and performances are great as well. Definitely recommended
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
    Yeah, a lot of Zepp fans want more of the same, his last album, Mighty Rearranger, was a barn stormer in the Zepp mould. I loved it, but I also love this, talent is talent and it comes through on this album...it's sheer class!
  • Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
    That's great to read..now I'm thinking, how are they gonna fill the shows out...a Plant/Krauss reworking of Whole lotta love anyone..?
    i must say i'm about 8 songs in and its fucking beautiful!!! this and Sigur Ros might be my artists of the last year!!!
    dunkman wrote:
    i must say i'm about 8 songs in and its fucking beautiful!!! this and Sigur Ros might be my artists of the last year!!!
    I'm glad you like it...it'll get into you, under your skin the more you listen.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Ridulous, while I was checking this thread, my wife rings to say she is looking for this at the moment, and everywhere is sold out.
    All the record stores are raving about it.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Woo hoo, update, she just scored it !!
    Music is not a competetion.
    good for you..here, watch this before she gets home....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5KF4dKq-6I&feature=related

OK, UPDATE. I'm sorted, row 6 in Cardiff, £83 for 2, what are we rich or something?
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    ah yes homey, I am aware of this recording but not the crumpet with Plant. Anyhow, I must wait a week before I hear it, got a big christmas pile o'downloads arriving. Glad I remembered this one, though I've never heard any Page/Plant solo work. They advertise it continually on Talksport.
  • MojopinMojopin Posts: 216
    Still, probably my favorite of the year...

Beautiful stuff!

Mojo
    "A consistently good band works all the different elements well. A song has to appeal sentimentally, intellectually, physically, viscerally, and dig deep down into your soul and suck you into it. And after that, of course, it'd be a matter of taste." ~ Kim Thayil from Soundgarden
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Anybody like to reccomend some more of Plants solo work? I know there's a massive 9CD box set of all of his stuff but I'm a bit skint.
    muppet wrote:
    Anybody like to reccomend some more of Plants solo work? I know there's a massive 9CD box set of all of his stuff but I'm a bit skint.
    Anything from Now and Zen onwards really, with the real highlights being the last two, Dreamland and especially Mighty rearranger.
    the first 3 albums were a bit...pants actually. Since then, they've grown into wonderment.
  • dana_bdana_b Posts: 141
    I heard this for the first time this morning and really enjoyed that it doesn't sound like anything else out there right now. Even my 18 year old daughter enjoyed it. Kind of an old 50's rock sound to it. Two thumbs up!
  • muppet wrote:

Sixty Six to Timbuktu is a great value. 1st disk is sort of a greatest hits type of thing, disk 2 is Plant's "Lost Dogs". I think dosk 2 has wonderful stuff. Rude World is with Page, an outtake of Clarksdale. If left on, would have one of Clarksdale's highlights. "Life Begins Again" with Afro Celt is incredible and still gives me chills. Disk 2 is really fantastic!
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • It's a little bit of a boring album.

Tom Waits wrote a song for it though :cool: !!!

edit: but I've only listened through it once, so that statement of 'boring' is by no means definitive.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • absolutely love the album, bought it for both my parents for xmas. so peaceful yet funky and rocking at times
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24