Damien Rice Rocks...it's Official !!!!

jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
edited March 2007 in Other Music
Last night I had the privelidge of seeing the wonderfully talented and intense Damien Rice, at the Wolverhampton civic hall. All I can say is that it was as magnificent a performance by an artist as I have ever witnessed. What a great band he has also, and boy when they crank it up...well they really crank it up. A rather dishevelled looking figure is Damien, like a cross between Catweazle and Bob Dylan-But when that guy gets on to a stage you find out what he's all about-dynamic, beautiful, powerful melodies. Live is where he's at, I love the albums but that gig was something else again....and how 'bout that voice, high, low, soft, soaring-he's got it all. Incredible, there really is no other word for him. Pearl Jam should grovel to get him involved on some of their festival shows this summer. Don't even bother responding if you don't agree, because you're wrong and I'm right. And I bet there's plenty of P Jammers who go along with me. Love to all, see you in Madrid.JUK
I came, I saw, I concurred.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• is there a new person singing the female vocals? or does he just skip those songs now or sing the parts himself or something?
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    one of my friends had tickets for that show for her and another friend(birthday present for the other friend) but she thought it was today because the ebay seller labelled it wrong so they missed it. she's totally gutted. I don't think I'll tell her that it was a good show according to you.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    Yes he does! I am very psyched to see him in New York in 2 months.
    HOWEVER, I am very bummed at the news that he has parted ways with Lisa Hannigan.....man, that girl can sing. They just seem to blend perfectly.
    My lips are shaking.......
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    is there a new person singing the female vocals? or does he just skip those songs now or sing the parts himself or something?
    He sang a couple, 9 crimes comes to mind, and he did her parts. I'd never seen him play with Lisa in the band so it's difficult for me to compare, Yes she has a fabulous voice but I think Damien is such a strong willed performer that he is always going to have to follow his own instincts. Without sounding crass, I didn't even give Lisa a thought throughout the gig, and that band he has are pretty tight-reallly very good players. He's doing some arena shows in the autumn, get along. love to all.JUK
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    i saw him last summer open for fionna apple @ jones beach and she did honors on Lisa's parts
    AMAZING, one of best shows i've ever seen.
    Thought he'd be singing with fionna on her songs and very disapointed when she didn't bring him out (wasn't impressed with her solo at all..)

saw him again @ the beacon and def not as good as jb. he was treating the show as more therapy session and didn't rock nearly as much
    have tix for radio city and hoping it'll be as good as jb show
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows