Kingdom Come...remember this lot?

jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
edited June 2008 in Other Music
So, I heard this today, first time for years, and it brought back all those memories...they were ridiculed by most for being Zepp clones, and there's absolutely no denying it, these guys were ahead of their time, they should've been a tribute band. I guess they sorta were :)
It maybe better to just listen to the song, rather than watch, to see where the Zepp comparisons came from,...they were quite unashamed Zepp copyists :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKJiVPt-KRQ
I came, I saw, I concurred.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jamie uk wrote:
    So, I heard this today, first time for years, and it brought back all those memories...they were ridiculed by most for being Zepp clones, and there's absolutely no denying it, these guys were ahead of their time, they should've been a tribute band. I guess they sorta were :)
    It maybe better to just listen to the song, rather than watch, to see where the Zepp comparisons came from,...they were quite unashamed Zepp copyists :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKJiVPt-KRQ

i remember them, specifically that song. i had the cassette, but don't remember any of the other songs on it. i really did like 'get it on' though.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • Yeah, I remember that song. Very, very Zeppelin. Pretty good, after all, they are cloning Zeppelin.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    seen them open for The Scorpions back in the day
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    I liked their first 2 albums a bit. I do not know if they had more than that. I remember "What Love Can Be" "Get It On" "Gotta Go(Can't Wage a War)" "Perfect O" "Do You Like It" "Overrated" "Living Out of Touch" & "Pushin' Hard".

Not sure what was on what album, but I listened to them...
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    I posted this thread about Kingdome Come & the song *Get It On*

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    i thought this was gonna be about that shitty jay-z album.
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    thanks for reminding me of them. I use to like this one.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEpWfwTao_o
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Great debut album.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    writersu wrote:
    thanks for reminding me of them. I use to like this one.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEpWfwTao_o

Oh man I missed this one and it's not bad, I remember back when I bought this album i had great hope for them. However it appears it didn't last.

Celtics on the RISE!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    g under p wrote:
    Oh man I missed this one and it's not bad, I remember back when I bought this album i had great hope for them. However it appears it didn't last.

Celtics on the RISE!

Peace

Yeah, I like this song a lot. It was what I thought about when I heard of them. They had a good sound; a different one and yeah, they went away, huh?
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........