Is WOLFMOTHER worth seeing live?

doogdoog Posts: 59
edited May 2007 in Other Music
I know there have been other wolfmother threads w/varying opinions, but i wanted to hear from people who have actually seen them in person.

I wouldn't say i love their cd, but i do kind of like alot of their songs. I'm thinking that because tix are only $25, and they are playing on a Saturday night in a small venue, i may go check them out.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    go, take my word for it, especially if you can see them for that cheap at a small venue. those are the best shows. i'm going to see them again next month and my last time was in november.
  • i've only seen them live once, it was about the third show into the tour for the album.

it was upstairs at a pub called the preston. i'm not sure how many people, but i reckon it was around 200 at least. they went off, everyone loved it, people were jumping all over the place. you could feel the floor shift with the weight of everyone.

this was $25 tickets, but with the exchange rate it would be about $15US at the most.

they've had to close the preston since then, too many good bands went there and the upstairs floor dropped six inches from too many people jumping :D
    waiting for the great leap forward

12 people may make the one decision but that doesn't make it right.

Free Rob Farquharson, wrongfully imprisoned!!

www.factbeforetheory.net
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,140
    do it. you won't regret it. stockdale has the best guitar tone i have ever heard. its even better live.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Save your money
  • rizzdaddyrizzdaddy Posts: 262
    I saw them at Lolla last year...thought they were pretty terrible, I couldn't stand listening to the lead singers voice for more than one song.
    08-19-08 (Riverside Theater) Vedder(Solo) Milwaukee, WI
    07-02-11 (Orpheum Theatre) Vedder(Solo) Minneapolis, MN
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    don't waste your time or money. i've only seen them once but they were a boring and a very average band live. i say boring because every song sounded the same. just loud upbeat rock that gets old halfway through the second song of the set.
  • oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    I saw them in Seattle and thought they were great.