Are the any good ALICE IN CHAINS biographies??

doogdoog Posts: 59
edited November 2006 in Other Music
I apologize for another AIC thread, but i was wondering if anyone has read any biographies about AIC and/or Layne that are worth checking out. Seeing them on this current tour has re-kickstarted my interest. Thanks for any info.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    I don't know if there's any books that have been written on them. I know Layne was in a glam metal band he called Alice N Chainz when he met Cantrell and started the not so glam version, Alice In Chains. Starr quit AiC I believe in 1992 when they were touring with Van Halen and was replaced with Inez, who was Ozzy Osbourne's bassist. I do know that the song "Would?" was about Andrew Wood's death and of course "Rooster" is about Cantrell's father's time in Vietnam. and of course, most of the songs Layne wrote were about heroin.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    There is a book called Angry Chair about Layne which I have not read but is apparently very badly written. There is also a book which is co-written by Mike Starr and is supposedly diabolical. I don't know of any books that are supposed to be any good.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • RWRW Posts: 97
    This is worth checking out. "The Rise and Fall of Alice in Chains", part of the Ongoing History of New Music:

http://www.edge.ca/station/ongoing_history_of_new_music.cfm?recID=111&ell=8943&pge=1

Two hour-long shows on the band, 11/05/03 and 18/05/03. Also, I recall reading a lengthy article about Layne over on the aliceinchains.com discussion board, though some people said there were factual errors in the article. You'd have to search for it over there.