Options

Dani California

2»

Comments

• Options
    Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i like this song alot..and it keeps growing on me.
    the guitar is loud and crisp..the bass is fucking fantastic..and Anthony's vocals have never sounded better

Agreed.

I love it. They make upbeat, funky, melodic soulful summery music. No crime in that.

Ever since hearing 'Scar Tissue' in my 15th summer I've loved this band.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    RHCP... really really great and relevant band....till 1999...Californication was a soft, By The Way was a HUGE sellout... the latter is really terrible compared to everything they ever did... They are a bit tiring now...and Kiedis' voice sounds terrible on concerts... What a pity....They are not pearl Jam:((
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    ..it sounds like all the other RHCP stuff...

If there is one thing the Chili's are not about it is repeating themselves and I really don't think this song sounds like they are just dusting off something from there existing catalogue. Each album goes in a new direction. What song do you think it sounds like?

On another note, I really hope this record in better than "By the Way" (they may go in a different direction each album but that doesn't mean I have to like it :))
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    I think Dani California sounds like a natural progression. It combines the melodic sound of By the Way with the funkiness of earlier Peppers. I love the combination of styles. The Chili Peppers are still a very relevant band. By the Way was in no way a sellout. It went in a completely different direction, one that fans did not expect. That is not selling out, it's challenging your audience. Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it was selling out. It's a great record with some of the strongest songwriting of their career. That said, I'm glad the funk seems to be back on this one and I'm very glad Frusciante is finally cutting loose on the guitar solos.
  • Options
    Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    hendrix78 wrote:
    By the Way was in no way a sellout. It went in a completely different direction, one that fans did not expect. That is not selling out, it's challenging your audience. Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it was selling out. It's a great record with some of the strongest songwriting of their career. .

I could not agree more. Spot on.

The new album will be ace because John is a legend.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    the songs a turd
  • Options
    Their last great album was BSSM, and their last standable album was Californication. They went to shit with BTW, and I'm not expecting anything better with the new record. They make the same song 10,000 times over, and it's all beginning to sound like crap.
    Take a ride on the relationship:

http://www.myspace.com/unlockandunload
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    cant wait for the new rhcp cd. and by the way is one of the better cd to come out in the last 5 years
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    people in this forum really need to learn the three words "in my opinion." It really bugs me when people state opinion as fact.
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I like it. the verses are nothing special but the chorus is catchy
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    RHCP rocks.Vedder likes them too. :-)
  • Options
    when i first heard the song starting i though it was a weak cover of Sweet Home Alabama, than i heard the whole song, i still don't care for it
    ~It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not - ?~

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same -?~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~