Carbon Leaf

JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
edited November 2006 in Other Music
Anyone heard of a band called Carbon Leaf? A friend of mine found em, and now they're one of my favorite bands. Pretty different from PJ, more folky/celtic type of sound, but great melodies and stuff. So if you haven't heard of em give em a listen, and if you have I was curious on anyone's thoughts on them.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• These guys are pretty good. A few years ago I saw them open with Better Than Ezra and they had one song that was getting quite a bit of radio play in the Twin Cities around then. I like the celtic influence and there are points where it reminds a me bit of Led Zeppelin too. Definitely worth checking out.
    2000: Seattle I & II
    2003: Fargo, St Paul, Santa Barbara
    2005: The Gorge & Thunder Bay
    2006: Chicago I & II, St Paul I & II, Portland, The Gorge I & II,
    Honolulu
    2009: Seattle I & II, Portland
    2011: Vancouver B.C.
    2013: Wrigley Field Chicago & Seattle
    2014: St. Paul
  • JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    Speaking of Led Zeppelin, they often cover Bron-Y-Aur Stomp, and rip it apart.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • They've played around my school in Greenville, NC a few times and I never bothered to check em out. Maybe i should
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • yep, they're great. i've seen 'em a couple times now, and they have been great every time.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • yeah, like, three years ago...maybe 4...they're fun in concert, but their disks are a little flat, sort of like the way OAR were back in the day, when their shows were still fun...
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • Just getting this thread re-energized.

My wife and I have seen these guys 6 times in the past year. They are easily in my top 5 favorite bands. They are touring pretty regularly these days and recently released a new album Love,Lose,Hope,Repeat. Also check out anything from their Indian Summer and Echo, Echo albums. Seriously.
    Album Ranking: Vs,Ten,Yield,Vitalogy,Avocado,Riot Act,No Code,Binaural,Lightning Bold,BackSpacer.