Any Dispatch Fans? They're getting back together!

JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
edited January 2007 in Other Music
I know this is a Pearl Jam board, and they are of course my favorite band by far, but Dispatch is pretty decent too. Anyway i thought id all let you know, i have some pretty good sources regarding Dispatch, and i've learned that they will be reuniting for 3 shows at MSG on July 13, 14, 15, dates subject to change. I know I know, I definately would rather have Pearl Jam at the Garden for 3 straight days, but this isnt so bad. It will be announced in a few days officially, but from a good source "Official announcement coming on January 5th. Take it to the bank." Just thought I'd give any Pearl Jam fans who happen to like Dispatch a heads up!

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I saw Pete Francis about a month ago and he announced that they would be getting back together for a few shows this summer. I wonder if there will be any other shows other than the MSG ones.
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • benJAMinbenJAMin Posts: 257
    Very cool. Gut the Van is one of my favorite albums of all time, top to bottom. Highly recommended if you've never heard their stuff, one of the most fun live bands to hear.
    the palms, in the breeze, still blow green
    and the waves in the sea still absolute blue
  • Excellent band. They never translate 100% live though compared to the studio stuff. For anyone who doesn't know of them, check out their albums...there are some gems there.

The General is still one of my fav tunes to bust out on the acoustic.
    If it weren't for my horse, I never would have spent that year in college.
  • Cool. I have kind of lost interest in them as of late but I'd def be up for seeing them this summer.
  • NitroNitro Posts: 265
    Huge Dispatch fan, this is great news.

I love all of their solo work as well though. State Radio especially. Definitely check them out. If they're playing MSG, I'm there.
  • cool news. big fan here, im also a fan of all the solo projects. i might be going to see state radio in feb. hopefully! i saw pete once at the dowtown on long island and got to meet him after the show...very cool guy. only saw dispatch once, at the free "last dipatch" show in boston a few summers ago, awesome show..
    thanks for the heads up!
  • chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    that's awesome news. I got into them after they broke up and always wished I got a chance to see them...maybe this summer.
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
  • JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    Ok, so as I said before, the dates are subject to change, and now I'm hearing it may only be 1 show at the garden on the 14th, still nothing confirmed yet though. There should be an announcement tomorrow.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
    Nitro wrote:
    Huge Dispatch fan, this is great news.

I love all of their solo work as well though. State Radio especially. Definitely check them out. If they're playing MSG, I'm there.

And I agree, State Radio is absolutely sick, saw em down at the Stone Pony here in Jersey and they were phenomenal, one of my top bands.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
    To DISPATCH fans near and far:

July 31, 2004 marked one of the most memorable and moving days in the life of DISPATCH. 110,000 of you came together to celebrate an amazing eight-year run that would conclude that day in Boston, Massachusetts. You all blew the band away.

Brad, Chad and Pete have truly enjoyed the time that's passed since then, focusing their efforts on new career paths. During these months and years, the band has been moved by tragedy and devastation in all parts of the globe. The tsunamis in Southeast Asia. The hurricanes in the United States. The genocide in Darfur. As individuals, each of the guys have done work to try and make a difference. As DISPATCH, they feel like they can do more.

On Saturday, July 14, 2007, Brad, Chad and Pete will reunite as DISPATCH for "DISPATCH: ZIMBABWE," a concert at Madison Square Garden in New York City. All of the money raised from ticket sales will go directly to charities that are fighting disease, famine and social injustice in Zimbabwe; a portion will be allocated to local charities that the band supports here in the States as well.

We hope that you all will join us once again.

Peace,

**TEAM DISPATCH**

Bad Ass. Anyone else going? I've got my hotel room all set.
  • BrezBrez Posts: 570
    Nitro wrote:
    To DISPATCH fans near and far:

July 31, 2004 marked one of the most memorable and moving days in the life of DISPATCH. 110,000 of you came together to celebrate an amazing eight-year run that would conclude that day in Boston, Massachusetts. You all blew the band away.

Brad, Chad and Pete have truly enjoyed the time that's passed since then, focusing their efforts on new career paths. During these months and years, the band has been moved by tragedy and devastation in all parts of the globe. The tsunamis in Southeast Asia. The hurricanes in the United States. The genocide in Darfur. As individuals, each of the guys have done work to try and make a difference. As DISPATCH, they feel like they can do more.

On Saturday, July 14, 2007, Brad, Chad and Pete will reunite as DISPATCH for "DISPATCH: ZIMBABWE," a concert at Madison Square Garden in New York City. All of the money raised from ticket sales will go directly to charities that are fighting disease, famine and social injustice in Zimbabwe; a portion will be allocated to local charities that the band supports here in the States as well.

We hope that you all will join us once again.

Peace,

**TEAM DISPATCH**

Bad Ass. Anyone else going? I've got my hotel room all set.

And where did you hear this?
    And before his first step... He's off again...
    If you are a friend of Dispatch's on myspace you got a message from them discussing this and also how you can purchase tickets. I have many sources, I recieved this email as well. It is 100% legit I can assure you.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • so yes. dates set. presale starts tmrw.
    only for friends of dispatch on myspace.

:)
    ill be there.
    www.TheRopolitans.com
  • salngrsalngr Posts: 55
    ill be there too :)
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini (or diet coke) in the other hand, body thoroughly used up, worn out and tired..."
    They have now sold out 2 shows at MSG and have now added a 3rd. Unreal.
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    Nitro wrote:
    They have now sold out 2 shows at MSG and have now added a 3rd. Unreal.

And they're not even signed to a major label.

I read about this on Pollstar. I think it's very cool that a band is able to do this without any major promotion on TV or radio. Hell, I had never even heard of them until I read about them on Pollstar.

I went to their MySpace page and listened to some of their songs. They aren't really my cup of tea, too laid-back and mellow, based on what I listened to.
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin