Seeing Rush Tonight..

JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
edited July 2008 in Other Music
got pretty good seats, something like 10th row. This is my first time seeing em. So from those of you who have seen Rush before, a little heads up on what I can expect from the show?

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Nice. I just saw them twice on this tour (and many times before that). They still kick ass as much as ever. They sound great, are in great spirits, and you will be blown away by the visuals/lights/screens/etc. It's stimulus overload.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • ridiculous time signature changes. its fucking mathmatical music. kinda neat.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I saw them in 07. They were great. Their special effects and little animations on the screens are great too.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    BinFrog wrote:
    Nice. I just saw them twice on this tour (and many times before that). They still kick ass as much as ever. They sound great, are in great spirits, and you will be blown away by the visuals/lights/screens/etc. It's stimulus overload.

I second that and add that it is a 3 hour show.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • I saw 'em a few weeks ago (my 4th time) and the show is great. A good mix of old and new stuff. If you haven't heard their latest (Snakes & Arrows), you might want to check it out cause they play 6 or 7 songs from it.
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    I missed them this tour! They were here June 28th and I had just gotten back from seeing PJ in Columbia. I had planned on getting some lawn seats because my 7 year old son LOVES Rush so we were going to take him, and I forgot. I was still on my seeing PJ high and it slipped my mine.
    I am so sad.

You will have a great time! I have seen Rush several times and have never been disappointed.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Rush is great.
    1998 - East Rutherford
    2006 - Irving Plaza
    "we're faithfull"
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858
    I havent seen them live in years, but they are a great band

best drummer I have ever seen live
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    So?

How was it?

I went to Hollywood bowl 2007 and Nokia Theatre(LA) 2008. Both incredible. I have a high tolerance for pain and still the volume at the Nokia was almost unbearable.

3hr shows. A little less Snakes and Arrows at the Nokia. At the Nokia, they added 2112/Temples from the overture, and added Ghost of a chance. Dropped Distant early warning. Neil's solo was really interesting with the rotating kit.

At this point they are geezers and their ability to play 3 hours and jump around like 30 year olds and they have been doing this tour a long time, they defy a lot of medical theories about the aging process. Although, Geddy does look fit for a horror movie.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • i saw at the Tweeter Center in Camden in 07 and at the Wachovia Center in 08 and both shows were absolutely awesome - i loved the small change ups to the set lists - adding 2112, trees, and red barchetta were my favorites - their energy is ridiculous and the drum solo is absolutely unreal, i have no idea how neal peart does it but, its great

on another note i think "spirit of the radio" is just about my favorite non-pearl jam live song
    9/1/2000 - E-Centre, Camden, 'Sometimes' started and I was hooked...
    i saw at the Tweeter Center in Camden in 07 and at the Wachovia Center in 08 and both shows were absolutely awesome - i loved the small change ups to the set lists - adding 2112, trees, and red barchetta were my favorites - their energy is ridiculous and the drum solo is absolutely unreal, i have no idea how neal peart does it but, its great

on another note i think "spirit of the radio" is just about my favorite non-pearl jam live song

TSOR is awesome live, no doubt.
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I was at that show too (Jones Beach). My first time seeing Rush. I was in the 12th row. They fucking owned. They were absolutely perfect with no slip ups at all. Neil Peart is a machine.

If I had one complaint it would be that there is absolutely no improvisation at all, literally ever song was exactly the same as on the album. But, I knew that going in, so I was expecting it, and it wasn't such a big deal.

All in all, great show.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    You'll have a great time, over 30+ times mistakes are few but they're halarius when they do occur. A novice might not spot them but they do occur. Saturday they're here in VA but I travel that day to Martha's Vineyard for work which sucks.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

yosi wrote:
    I was at that show too (Jones Beach). My first time seeing Rush. I was in the 12th row. They fucking owned. They were absolutely perfect with no slip ups at all. Neil Peart is a machine.

If I had one complaint it would be that there is absolutely no improvisation at all, literally ever song was exactly the same as on the album. But, I knew that going in, so I was expecting it, and it wasn't such a big deal.

All in all, great show.

They aren't playing any of their 'jam' songs this tour like La Villa Strangiato and Bravado.

They jam a little on Digital Man.