Options

You guys should really get...

RVM1245RVM1245 Posts: 32
edited May 2006 in Other Music
the new Red Hot CHili Peppers double cd...i just listened to it 3-4 times and it is really incredible...its hard to make 28 great songs period, let alone on 1 cd...just sharing the love cause its worth it
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    whoops i thought i was posting in the 'other music' forum...sorry
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    I've never liked the Chili Peppers and never will.

They're like a girly band.
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    I'm picking it up after work.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    i hear ya. i got it through itunes for the presale password and they didnt send me th passwrod until 6 hours after the presale started only balcony left for boston
  • Options
    LongRoad wrote:

not sure about that
    98- 9/8.9/10.9/11
    00- 8/3, 8/4, 9/1.9/2
    03- 4/28. 7/8. 7/9. 7/14
    04- 10/1
    05- 10/3
    06- 5/4!!!!, 5/12. 5/13. 5/27, 5/28, 6/1, 6/3
    08- 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/25, 6/27, 8/4
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    so it's good huh? i'm a fan but had my doubts after that first single.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    yea its really moving and mellow
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    so it's good huh? i'm a fan but had my doubts after that first single.

The first single isn't as good as the rest of the album. Alot of great tunes on both discs.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Lots of gems on Stadium...it will appeal to any sort of RHCP fan who likes the older, funkier stuff or the newer, laid back stuff. Keidis voice sounds remarkable, Chads beats are tight, Flea is just Flea, and John..well, hard to put into words that awesomeness. Don't let Dani California make you think thats what the entire album is. Wet Sand and Animal Bar...incredible.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,782
    LongRoad wrote:

the peppers are the best music to have sex to. that's about the only thing remotly "girly" about them. Their music isn't for everyone, but they're not girly.

Long Road, You're the guy who was saying that you'd tell a security officer if you saw someone smoking pot at a PJ show. so your opinion on Chili Peppers songs or ANYTHING isn't respected by me because you suck.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Whoa I didn't even notice the star of the pot smoking thread was the one who called them a "girly band"....brilliant analysis.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    Long Road, You're the guy who was saying that you'd tell a security officer if you saw someone smoking pot at a PJ show. so your opinion on Chili Peppers songs or ANYTHING isn't respected by me because you suck.

You're one of the ones that fell for that?

I smoke Pot like a fiend.

Damn I'm good.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    Whoa I didn't even notice the star of the pot smoking thread was the one who called them a "girly band"....brilliant analysis.

They sound like a band for Teenage girls.

To each their own.

wanna smoke a blunt?
  • Options
    LongRoad wrote:
    You're one of the ones that fell for that?

I smoke Pot like a fiend.

Damn I'm good.

damn, you are good, you got me. so if the whole anti-pot smoking stance was a hoax, then basically you're just a guy who likes to irritate people on internet message boards. whatever you got to do to be happy.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    damn, you are good, you got me. so if the whole anti-pot smoking stance was a hoax, then basically you're just a guy who likes to irritate people on internet message boards. whatever you got to do to be happy.

I came in to that thread playing Devils Advocate thinking that no one would even fall for it. Especially since there are people on this board that actually know me. It started to snow ball and I just kept going. It was like an addiction and I was even high at the time. You can't imagine how funny it was on my end.

I couldn't believe how many people got so bent out of shape over it. I actually received death threats via PM's.

Funny thing is, there are actually people like that out there. I don't think many of them listen to Pearl Jam though.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    life, life, gotta get one, really gotta get one.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    LongRoad wrote:
    I came in to that thread playing Devils Advocate thinking that no one would even fall for it. Especially since there are people on this board that actually know me. It started to snow ball and I just kept going. It was like an addiction and I was even high at the time. You can't imagine how funny it was on my end.

I couldn't believe how many people got so bent out of shape over it. I actually received death threats via PM's.

Funny thing is, there are actually people like that out there. I don't think many of them listen to Pearl Jam though.

well death threats over internet comments isn't respectable.

but calling the Chili Peppers "girly" isn't very respectable either. It's one thing to say that you don't like them and never will, which is what you said. But to call them "girly" is like calling the people who buy their albums "girly," which we are not.

i still think you were serious in the pot thread, but whatever. I'm not going to send you death threats over it.

P.S. Go find a chick, get stoned and listen to Blood Sugar Sex Magic together. She'll throw her clothes to the ground by the fifth song. she'll be all yours then, Long Road. all yours

EDIT: I first put "I'm going to send you death threats over it." I changed this to "not" which is what i meant

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    i still think you were serious in the pot thread, but whatever.

You can believe what ever you want. I guess I was that convincing.

P.S. Go find a chick, get stoned and listen to Blood Sugar Sex Magic together. She'll throw her clothes to the ground by the fifth song. she'll be all yours then, Long Road. all yours

I already have a chick, thanks for the advice though.
  • Options
    azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 703
    Just got it too. $9.99 @ Worst Buy. It is really good, not like the Foo dbl disc that was pretty weak. I'm digging it, especially the excellent guitar work.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options

i still think you were serious in the pot thread

So do I. Nice try LongRoad.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    So do I. Nice try LongRoad.

If you only knew how funny that was.
  • Options
    LongRoad.... how can you not like the Chili's??? They're my 2nd favorite band behind Pearl Jam. Stadium Arcadium is awesome.

And calling the Chili's a "girly band" has to be the most stupid thing I have ever heard.
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    in response to the topic, not on your life

in response to the poster above, because they write songs for girls
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    LongRoad.... how can you not like the Chili's??? They're my 2nd favorite band behind Pearl Jam. Stadium Arcadium is awesome.

And calling the Chili's a "girly band" has to be the most stupid thing I have ever heard.

The pepper's are OK, but if that is your second pick you have some major searching to do. There are way better bands out there.

The Red hot chilli peppers is just a party band. Go deeper man.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    Go deeper?

You wanna rip others, let's hear you favorite bands. Come out with it.

Music is about entertainment to me. And listening to Frusciante, Flea, and Chad is incredibly deep to me. I'm sorry if I don't only like bands that wanna talk about angst ridden crap all the time. Bands like Tool and radiohead. Boring garbage.
  • Options
    Echoes wrote:
    in response to the topic, not on your life

Dude why do you even waste your time in threads like this? Aren't they beneath you as the resident "other music" expert. you should seriously have your own thread since your musical tastes are so far and beyond everyone elses. You could call it "Echoes Buzz" or something. You can be the first to tell us all about bands we've never heard of until they become popular at which point you don't want anything to do with them anymore. It would give you the credibility you so greatly desire.
  • Options
    Echoes wrote:

my point exactly
  • Options
    rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    I love the New Chili Peppers disk. Rockin out to Readymade right now. I love how they got Jimi Hendrix to rise from the dead and play on this record! Oh wait...........thats John Frusciante! Fuck he wails on guitar. i dont give a shit aboot the "girly" refernce. the Peppers kick ass I dont give a shit what anyone says. They are really good on this album and I love it. Keidis sounds better and better on every new album. He gets better with age. Flea is just amazing and Chad is too. I am really diggin the new Peppers
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    culot4 wrote:
    You can be the first to tell us all about bands we've never heard of until they become popular at which point you don't want anything to do with them anymore

Okay, if you want. Pretend it is 1991 and I'm telling you about Pearl Jam.

and in all honesty, I didn't know what this thread was about until I opened it, and once I had it open, I migt as well say my 2 cents. Does it really bug you that much when I don't like a band?
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    Stadium Arcadium is sounding freekin great right now! John's tone is unreal. straight ripping. The other Guys's are tight as hell too. I need more hours in the day to listen to this as well as PJ...