Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    guess nobody.

10c there's a new item for ya!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    This is a good Idea! Who wouldn't want car magnets?
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Resurrecting this thread. The tour is just over, some people probably bought stickers at the show. Here is a handy way to turn them into car magnets:

1) Buy those printable magnet sheets (like Avery company) that you can run through your printer.
    2) Buy picture laminating sheets.
    3) Stick the sticker onto the magnet sheet.
    4) Put the sticky side of the picture laminating sheet on top of the sticker, being sure all little bit of the sticky part is stuck to the magnet around the sticker, smoothing out all air bubbles as much as possible.
    5) With an X-acto knife or box cutter, cut around the edge of the sticker, cuttig through all layers.

Then you have a magnet that is laminated to protect it from water, and will stick to your car. Put it on just after you wash your car, so it is a clean dry surface, and be sure to take it off if you go through an automatic car wash, and they don't last forever, but usually at least a year. (Mine did)

You can also put them on your fridge, which is where mine are until I wash my car.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    Grea idea! I'm totally gonna try that!
    JaneNY wrote:
    Resurrecting this thread. The tour is just over, some people probably bought stickers at the show. Here is a handy way to turn them into car magnets:

1) Buy those printable magnet sheets (like Avery company) that you can run through your printer.
    4) Put the sticky side of the picture laminating sheet on top of the sticker, being sure all little bit of the sticky part is stuck to the magnet around the sticker, smoothing out all air bubbles as much as possible.
    5) With an X-acto knife or box cutter, cut around the edge of the sticker, cuttig through all layers.

Then you have a magnet that is laminated to protect it from water, and will stick to your car. Put it on just after you wash your car, so it is a clean dry surface, and be sure to take it off if you go through an automatic car wash, and they don't last forever, but usually at least a year. (Mine did)

You can also put them on your fridge, which is where mine are until I wash my car.
  • Options
    10c is not fast enough for me. :D

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/blondieblue227/myspace/van3a.jpg

JaneNY wrote:
    be sure to take it off if you go through an automatic car wash, and they don't last forever, but usually at least a year. (Mine did)

lost mine in a car wash.
    so i'm on my 2nd generation pj magnet. lol

• Options
    inmytree29inmytree29 Posts: 77
    guess nobody.

10c there's a new item for ya!

walking is overrated lmao
    Thinking if he can't sleep, how will he ever dream?

6/13/99 ;6/18/03 ;6/21/03 ;10/02/04 ;10/03/04; 9/12/05 ;5/16/06 ;5/17/06 ;5/19/06 ;5/20/06; 6/24/06 ;6/30/06; 8/21/08; 8/22/08
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    JaneNY wrote:

I'm going to have to remember this, it's a great idea!
  • Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    it works great. my fridge is covered with pictures of my kids that iI put the magnets on.
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    Surf RiderSurf Rider Posts: 813
    nothing says tail wagon like car magnets.
  • Options
    They are not magnets... but on Ebay you can get vinyl stickers for your back windshield, windows, anywhere... I bought a couple last year. Gave one to my friend and kept the other for myself. It's pretty big, about 10 inches, and the picture is stickman with pearl jam written underneath. Just checked the seller and he no longer has them, but there are a few that are similar. Like I said, they have been on for a little over a year and they do not show any signs of wear... and that includes scrapping the ice off of my back windshield in the winter and such.
    6/14/08 - Bonnaroo
    6/19/08 - Camden 1
    6/24/08 - MSG 1
    8/07/08 - Newark, EV Solo
    6/11/09 - Upper Darby, EV Solo
    10/28/09 - Spectrum 2
    10/30/09 - Spectrum 3
    10/31/09 - Spectrum 4
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    They are not magnets... but on Ebay you can get vinyl stickers for your back windshield, windows, anywhere... I bought a couple last year. Gave one to my friend and kept the other for myself. It's pretty big, about 10 inches, and the picture is stickman with pearl jam written underneath. Just checked the seller and he no longer has them, but there are a few that are similar. Like I said, they have been on for a little over a year and they do not show any signs of wear... and that includes scrapping the ice off of my back windshield in the winter and such.

That's handy, and I bet they could be turned into magnets too if you wanted.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    whoever wants to make me a magnet let me know and ill give you my address to send it to me :)
  • Options
    inmytree29 wrote:
    walking is overrated lmao

more insight to magnet:
    i'm disabled and use a powerchair.

figured i'd let you know.
    still kickass thou right? :)