Audioslave is NOT trying to be RATM!!!!

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited October 2006 in Other Music
I'm SO tired of hearing that. And that it's because Tom Morello is Rage's sound and so they have to sound like them. Well, Tom Morello's style is his own style and he takes it with him wherever he goes :rolleyes: He's not solely responsible for Rage's "sound" and either you like his style of playing or you don't. AND Chris Cornell isn't TRYING to sound like Zack. Audioslave is an awesome combination of Soundgarden and RATM and now with some funkiness mixed in. They're amazing as a band and definitely have their OWN "sound". :cool:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i agree but to say they dont sound anything like their old bands is just as crazy as saying that they are not doing anything new.

Tom's solo, every single song, is still going strong in every Audioslave song.

Chris's voice of course, makes it so every Audioslave song sounds, at least in terms of voice, the same as Soundgarden,

And with the new album, the songs are somewhat more political, with many of the songs focusing on the war and hurrican katrina. In a interview, Chris said, the tone of the album is dark and heavy because thats what it feels like right now. He is worried and tense about the future and his childrens future.

So I agree and disagree. I think thats what the band did when they first formed, they said, "hey we were in two important and essential 90's bands, but to be our old band now is silly". But I do think that alot of either band (soundgarden, rage) can be heard in all audioslave albums. Its inevitable. The entire rhythm section is intact. And soundgardens entire vocal section is intact as well.

That said I think audioslave are a great band.
  • Anybody hear Tom Morello on Jim Rome last week?

He said that when they formed, Cornell said to him that he didn't want to be the lead singer for RATM... to that, Morello said, 'Great, cause I don't wanna be the guitar player for Soundgarden.' I thought that was hilarious.

Audioslave rocks!
    9/4/05 Calgary
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    yeah, he's a funny guy that tom morello. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    they need to go away and never come back.

what a disappointment...

:(
    take your money and your drugs.
  • Tom Morello's solos have become a novelty act; he needs to go.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    no he doesn't. if the others weren't happy with what he was doing then they'd tell him and being the intelligent man that he is he would take the advice and deal with it. would you prefer he lost it on banal rock solos like all the other losers. at least what he's doing is not like what all the others are doing. personally me being not a fan of solos by anyone, i'd rather he played soft. i know he can do it cause i've heard him.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • LUCKY15 wrote:
    AND Chris Cornell isn't TRYING to sound like Zack.
    Who the hell has ever said that?
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Tom Morello's solos have become a novelty act; he needs to go.

Yes they have, and no he shouldn't.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • grace6697 wrote:
    they need to go away and never come back.

what a disappointment...

:(

just don't listen to them. I, for one, happen to be a big fan
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com