Options

My ears have been opened

markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,116
edited June 2006 in Other Music
I guess this is a thank you to all who post in this forum. Based on comments about two bands and albums I've read here, I finally went out and bought two albums: Sonic Youth's "Goo" and Mad Season's "Above". All I can say is wow, that's some great music! OK, that's all, just thought it appropriate to say thanks to those who got me interested in those albums.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BremertonBremerton Posts: 279
    I agree. I've been led to listen to a lot of good music just by looking at recommendations from this board. MMJ, Wilco, and Slint to name a few.
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Goo is some pretty dope shit. SOnic Youth turns most of what they touch into gold
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    alobaralobar Posts: 310
    Echoes wrote:
    Goo is some pretty dope shit. SOnic Youth turns most of what they touch into gold

Yeah, SY are incredible. So I picked up their self-titled, a reissue of their album from '81 and they were brilliant then as well. Some of my favorite SY songs are now on that album. Check it out.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EMGA3U/qid=1149487017/sr=2-2/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_2/104-5703678-8361538?s=music&v=glance&n=5174
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE
  • Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i like sonic youth. haven't listened to them in awhile.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~