Just saw Sparta in T.O.

teddyvedder1981teddyvedder1981 Posts: 16
edited October 2006 in Other Music
Anyone else see this show?

It was amazing, love the opera house for shows. Saw them for the first time back in 03 when they opened for PJ
.....sip my drink till the ice hits my lips, order another round.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    how was that show? did they play mostly new songs or old ones? just wondering, i might see them when they play Slims in San Francisco in Nov. :)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    I saw them about two years ago in a club show here and it was wicked I can't wait for the new record.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • hey ted, yeah good call just got back from the london show, it was great small venue only like 100 people..btw love the opera house too but call the office was insane

edit: played a new song of the new album first tiem ever can't remember what hte name was
  • Taking Back Control or Unstitch Your Mouth? Yeah, I'm going to see them this Saturday at the Chameleon Club in Lancaster. It's gonna rock. Saw them open for Incubus back in 04, they were pretty good.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • nippleholicnippleholic Posts: 1,084
    hey, i was at the Opera House show as well...as far as the opening bands go, Cities in Dust were much better than Sound Team I felt...

Sparta seemed really happy to be there and Jim commented on it several times...the show seemed a little short, but was solid nonetheless (I also realized Tony is a ridiculously good drummer)...

here's the setlist:

1. Breaking the Broken
    2. La Cerca
    3. Light Burns Clear
    4. RX Coup
    5. Untreatable Disease
    6. Unstitch You Mouth
    7. Glasshouse Tarot
    8. Guns of Memorial Park
    9. Assemble The Empire
    10. Tensioning
    11. Taking Back Control
    12. While Oceana Sleeps
    13. Weather the Storm
    14. Air
    15. Cut Your Ribbon
    16. Translations
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)
    2024: Vancouver (x2), Portland, Sacramento, Las Vegas (x2), Los Angeles (x2), Dublin, Manchester, London, Berlin (x2), Barcelona (x2)

• I can't wait to see them now, I'm fucking pumped. That set list looks awesome... granted they only have 3 cds they can pick almost any song from each and the set list looks awesome, either way, I'm ready to rock out!
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • I saw them a few days ago at Alley Katz in Richmond Va. It was Keeley's (the new guitarist's) hometown so it was a really cool show. my friends and i got there early and got to help them set up a little bit. they are really nice guys.
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    I saw them a few days ago at Alley Katz in Richmond Va. It was Keeley's (the new guitarist's) hometown so it was a really cool show. my friends and i got there early and got to help them set up a little bit. they are really nice guys.

ALLEYKATZ!!!.....that little club/bar in Richmond?...I've been there. The stage is like 1 foot off the ground, right?

Going to see Sparta next week, definitely psyched.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• MeddleDeal wrote:
    how was that show? did they play mostly new songs or old ones? just wondering, i might see them when they play Slims in San Francisco in Nov. :)

If I remember correctly, they played 3 new songs
    .....sip my drink till the ice hits my lips, order another round.....
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    that setlist kicks ASS!! WOW!! Glasshouse Tarot and Assemble the Empire, pretty SWEET!! :)

I've seen Sparta live 3 times, back in '02, when they opened up for Weezer and '04 Coachella and opening up for Incubus. AMAZING and Jim is really into it. :)

I can't wait for the new album to come out!!
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • i love Sparta!!!

I ll Be seeing Them on Sunday!!!! this will be the first time ill be seeing them live since 03 when they opened for PJ and blew me away.
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Sonic19Sonic19 Posts: 159
    I wish they were coming to Florida, that setlist looks awesome.
    Stay positive and love your life
    Hooray Florida shows
  • chimpat wrote:
    ALLEYKATZ!!!.....that little club/bar in Richmond?...I've been there. The stage is like 1 foot off the ground, right?

Going to see Sparta next week, definitely psyched.

yep it was a very small show. that was good and bad as there could have been more energy but it was great getting to see them in such an intimate place. have a great time.
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    yep it was a very small show. that was good and bad as there could have been more energy but it was great getting to see them in such an intimate place. have a great time.

Cool man, I hope they play "Collapse", really dig that song.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96