hole

The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Posts: 12,158
edited August 2006 in Other Music
i don't care much for courtney love, but her band was pretty good. 'live through this' and 'celebrity skin' were very good albums. i don't know if cobain helped on 'live through this' or not, but it's excellent nonetheless. and billy corgan helped write music for celebrity skin. i don't know which album is better, but 'live through this' was eerie, because it came out just days after cobains suicide. my sis sent me a copy of it that summer and i listened to it a lot. then i bought celebrity skin on my own and thought it was great. having billy corgan on it didn't hurt. anyone else like these albums?? or am i going to be laughed at and picked on?? :o
Another habit says it's in love with you
Another habit says its long overdue
Another habit like an unwanted friend
I'm so happy with my righteous self
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• r2g2r2g2 Posts: 66
    Nope, I love them both as well. Particularly Live Through This
    I said Yeaaaaaaah!
  • jaygreen12jaygreen12 Posts: 166
    i hate courtney love. If she was my wife I would have also shot myself with a shotgun.
    6/03/06-East Rutherford II

The One and Only
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    Live through this was pretty good seeing as how Kurt probably wrote most of it.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    live through this is one of my favourite albums ever.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Courtney Love is a wonderful artist, she's an addict, though. An addiction always bring the best out in us:D
    Can't you see that there's light in the dark.
    Nothing's quite what it seems in the city of dreams.
    (Wolfmother)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grand Rapids 2006
    .....and the worst.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • . . . O' that too!
    Can't you see that there's light in the dark.
    Nothing's quite what it seems in the city of dreams.
    (Wolfmother)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grand Rapids 2006
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I loved Live through This. Still listen to it. Celebrity Skin seemed overproduced to me. Don't know if that was due to Billy or just too much tweaking. I happen to think Courtney is talented, but as others have said, an addict. She's kind of a wild cannon. Saw her live and she almost scared me. One of those people you aren't sure what they are going to do. Great show and great intensity though. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • aBoxOfFear wrote:
    i don't care much for courtney love, but her band was pretty good. 'live through this' and 'celebrity skin' were very good albums. i don't know if cobain helped on 'live through this' or not, but it's excellent nonetheless. and billy corgan helped write music for celebrity skin. i don't know which album is better, but 'live through this' was eerie, because it came out just days after cobains suicide. my sis sent me a copy of it that summer and i listened to it a lot. then i bought celebrity skin on my own and thought it was great. having billy corgan on it didn't hurt. anyone else like these albums?? or am i going to be laughed at and picked on?? :o

I personally like her music
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • wolfbear wrote:
    I loved Live through This. Still listen to it. Celebrity Skin seemed overproduced to me. Don't know if that was due to Billy or just too much tweaking. I happen to think Courtney is talented, but as others have said, an addict. She's kind of a wild cannon. Saw her live and she almost scared me. One of those people you aren't sure what they are going to do. Great show and great intensity though. :)

I totally aggree

She was great live, and she flashed :)
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I love Hole's music, although the production on Celebrity Skin had more gloss to it, I think it suited the style of the songs - essentially it's just a great pop album.

I think anyone who knows a lot about Courtney will know that Cobain didn't help write Live Through This. Her lyrics on that album are very autobiographical, and as for the music, there was a very underrated talent in the band - Eric Erlandson.
    i don't think eric erlandson was under rated. at least not by anyone who knows hole. he was always a huge part of both the band's life and courtney's.

i think on celebrity skin my faves are 'dying' and 'awful'.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    does anyone have an acoustic version of Doll Parts (performed by Courtney Love or Hole)?
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Sorry, but hate Hole and much of Live Through This was stolen from Cobain
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me