solo lennon

The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Posts: 12,158
edited July 2006 in Other Music
any fans of john lennon's solo career, after the beatles??? i think he kept writing some of his best songs all the way up until his death. those 'milk & honey songs' were great, especially 'grow old with me', prolly his most beautiful and haunting song. i also love his early solo songs like 'love' 'god' and 'mind games'. i just bought a dvd of john and yoko on the dick cavett show. it was pretty interesting, with the exception of those weird videos he made with yoko. i mean, those were bad. really bad. and also, there is a new lennon documentary that will soon be coming out soon. it looks interesting. :)
Another habit says it's in love with you
Another habit says its long overdue
Another habit like an unwanted friend
I'm so happy with my righteous self
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Yea, I like some of his solo stuff, need to give it more of a listen. As for the new movie coming out, I'd be more excited if I liked the actors in it more. Jared Leto and Lindsey Lohan are not exactly my two favorite actors...
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Live Peace in Toronto 1969 - ***1/2
    John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band - *****
    Imagine ****1/2
    Some Time in New York City *
    Mind Games **1/2
    Walls and Bridges ****
    Rock and Roll **
    Double Fantasy **1/2
    Milk and Honey **1/2
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Always taught that Oko was the ruination of his later work and the his late Beatles output.
  • fada wrote:
    Always taught that Oko was the ruination of his later work and the his late Beatles output.
    i thought yoko brought out the best in him. most of the time. :)
  • yosi wrote:
    Yea, I like some of his solo stuff, need to give it more of a listen. As for the new movie coming out, I'd be more excited if I liked the actors in it more. Jared Leto and Lindsey Lohan are not exactly my two favorite actors...

oh, you're talking about the movie that came out last year about his death. i'm talking about a documentary that is yet to be released. i think it's more about his post-beatles life, being targeted by the FBI.
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    His solo work is great so many good songs.
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    aBoxOfFear wrote:
    oh, you're talking about the movie that came out last year about his death. i'm talking about a documentary that is yet to be released. i think it's more about his post-beatles life, being targeted by the FBI.

Oh. I didn't realize that the movie I was talking about had come out yet. I don't think it has.

Edit: I just checked IMDB and the movie is called Chapter 27, and it hasn't come out yet.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band and Imagine are essential albums.
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
  • pearlzepfanpearlzepfan Posts: 456
    I think people give too much credit to his Imagine album. but Plastic Ono Band in wonderful
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
  • yosi wrote:
    Oh. I didn't realize that the movie I was talking about had come out yet. I don't think it has.

Edit: I just checked IMDB and the movie is called Chapter 27, and it hasn't come out yet.

ya, that's the one. it's more about the man who shot lennon, though. i know they were working on it late last year, because it was the 25 year anniversary of lennons death.