noel never needed liam

The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Posts: 12,158
edited December 2006 in Other Music
noel can do it all. he writes the music, he writes the lyrics AND he can sing. wtf did he ever need liam for?? anyways here's noel(one of my favorite artists ever) doing his own 'don't go away' followed by a cover of 'help!' by the beatles. enjoy. : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXu7Bq2m48Q

edit: here's another performance. this is noel doing 'wonderwall.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOx7iDI9sqs
Another habit says it's in love with you
Another habit says its long overdue
Another habit like an unwanted friend
I'm so happy with my righteous self
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    Yeah like I just want him to put out a solo record, I mean I like liam and all but with the exception of wonderwall every song Noel sings is probably the best on the record.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • aBoxOfFear wrote:
    noel can do it all. he writes the music, he writes the lyrics AND he can sing. wtf did he ever need liam for??

then I guess the Who didn't need Roger Daltry because Pete Townshend wrote the music, wrote the lyrics and can sing
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • he needs him to sing "sunsheeeeiinne"
  • The world doesn't need Oasis
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    then I guess the Who didn't need Roger Daltry because Pete Townshend wrote the music, wrote the lyrics and can sing

Roger can sing, Liam can't (I find his singing very annoying). I love Oasis and always thought that the band could go on without Liam. Noel is a better singer imo.
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    liam has such a distinct voice and is awesome...i cant imagine noel singing most of their songs and in fact i most often prefer liam singing
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Liam doing "Don't Look Back In Anger" and "Mucky Fingers" would be fabulous.
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    to be fair to Liam..he's done a great job contributing with the song writing in their last two albums.
    rumor is the next one will include more Liam tunes.
    his tunes stood out for me in "Don't Believe the Truth"
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • LedZepFan wrote:
    liam has such a distinct voice and is awesome...i cant imagine noel singing most of their songs and in fact i most often prefer liam singing
    exactly, I wouldn't want Noel to sing stuff like Live Forever, Champagne Supernova, Wonderwall, Cigarettes and Alchohol, ect. It just wouldn't be the same.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    i'd like to add a point to my previous post- i dont mean to knock noel at all, hes one of my biggest inspirations as a musician and songwriter, plus hes a hilarious and often downright cool guy, if you get past that bit of english arrogance haha. i look at the gallaghers as a team, a dysfunctional one yes, but a team. they compliment eachother perfectly and i cant imagine it with all liam-penned songs or all noel singing etc, its grand just the way it is
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • exactly, I wouldn't want Noel to sing stuff like Live Forever, Champagne Supernova, Wonderwall, Cigarettes and Alchohol, ect. It just wouldn't be the same.

It's not that he can't do it, he can, just listen to the Mtv Unplugged gig from 1996 or 97 or whatever when Liam refused to perform and Noel had to sing all the songs. it was a fantastic performance, but you're right, Liam just brings that rock and roll swagger to the band.
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
  • I saw Oasis during the US tour in '96 after Liam had gotten in a fight with Noel and left the tour. Noel sang every song. He was quite good, but believe me when I say something was missing. Liam is so bratty and unprofessional that it brings some spontaneity and edge to their shows because you never know what might set him off. And the sneer ("sunsheeeeine") is just a trademark of Oasis.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    The world doesn't need Oasis

true.....but they rock.