john lennon's death(strange coincidences)

The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Posts: 12,158
edited December 2006 in Other Music
hey did you know about the strange coincidences surrounding john lennons death?? get this:

hours before john lennon was killed, when his killer mark david chapman was standing out in front of the dakota apartment building, mia farrow walked by. mia farrow(a friend of john's) starred in the movie 'rosemary's baby' which depicts the dakota as a fictional apartment building in the movie. in fact, the very spot where Lennon was killed - the front entrance tunnel of the building - is shown in several shots. now, roman polanski directed the movie. roman polanski was married to sharon tate. sharon tate(who was pregnant with polanski's child) was murdered by the manson family. as you know, the manson family were inspired by the beatles' white album to go on their killing spree. the white album has the song 'dear prudence' which was written by john about mia farrow's sister, prudence.

when mark david chapman was waiting in front of the dakota, he befriended 2 other fans. they were waiting for john, too. one of the fans was named jude(hey jude). he wanted her to stay with him that night because a part of him didn't want to go through with the murder. she couldn't because she had a date. (chapman) "There was a part -- a great part of me that didn't want to be there. I asked Jude the fan(to stay) before she left for a date that night. She said no. If she'd have said yes, I would have been on date with her."

6 years before the murder, on december 9, 1974, john lennon and ronald reagan met at monday night football. they were the 2 celebrity guests in the booth with the commentators - one of which was howard cosell, who interviewed john during the game. 6 years later, on the night lennon was killed(december 8, 1980), howard cosell broke the news of his death to millions of viewers during monday night football. a couple of months later, reagan was shot by john hinkley jr.

During an interview conducted while he was still a Beatle, John was asked how he expected to die. Lennon jokingly replied: "I'll probably be popped off by some loony." This has been a source of fascination for John's fans, as is the fact that the lyrics of the Beatles' "Come Together" contain the words "shoot me" repeated over and over. (The "me" is obscured by music, but close listening reveals it's there.)
Another habit says it's in love with you
Another habit says its long overdue
Another habit like an unwanted friend
I'm so happy with my righteous self
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Don't know too much about it, but they are making a movie about chapman
    http://imdb.com/title/tt0488988/

check it out
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • ok so 7-11 has the numbers 7 and 11. add them and you get 19. add a 1 before and you get 119. reverse it and you get 9/11. 9/11...the day stone gossard's solo album came out. stone gossard was a part of pearl jam. sub the letters for numbers in pearl jam and you get 16+5+1+18+12+10+1+13. that equals 76. 76 x 19= 1444. 1444 times 2= 2888. the world ends in 2888.
    They're gonna tell you where to walk
    When to smile and just what to say
    They say have your own fun...

Need vinyl, doggs.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    ok so 7-11 has the numbers 7 and 11. add them and you get 19. add a 1 before and you get 119. reverse it and you get 9/11. 9/11...the day stone gossard's solo album came out. stone gossard was a part of pearl jam. sub the letters for numbers in pearl jam and you get 16+5+1+18+12+10+1+13. that equals 76. 76 x 19= 1444. 1444 times 2= 2888. the world ends in 2888.
    Only one problem with your logic: 7 plus 11 = 18. Wow, that was retarded.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    seven eleven rocks.

so did john.
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    if we're traveling down the conspiracy route, what the hell do these following numbers mean?:

4 8 15 16 23 42
    Live Free or Die!
  • Don't know too much about it, but they are making a movie about chapman

check it out

i heard about this. and i'm probably dumb enough to watch it.
  • brain of c wrote:
    seven eleven rocks.

so did john.

yes he did. : )
  • 3sheets wrote:
    if we're traveling down the conspiracy route, what the hell do these following numbers mean?:

4 8 15 16 23 42

no idea, not even gonna guess. but if you want to talk numbers, here's some more strange coincidences in relation to john lennon:

the number 9 was acutely significant in john's life, and he was obsessed with it. here are some important dates consisting of the number 9 in his life:

he was born on october 9, 1940
    his son sean was born on october 9, 1975
    brian epstein first saw the beatles perform on november 9, 1961
    the beatles secured their first record contract on may 9, 1962
    john met yoko on november 9, 1966
    john was killed in nyc on december 8, 1980. but because of the time difference, it was actually december 9 in england, where he was born.

he wrote the songs revolution #9, one after 909, # 9 dream.
  • Another conincidence is that John did a radio interview on the day of his murder where he talks candidly about his own eventual death and how he hopes he is very old and grey when it finally happens.
  • adam42381 wrote:

Dude. You missed the point.
    They're gonna tell you where to walk
    When to smile and just what to say
    They say have your own fun...

Need vinyl, doggs.
  • JWBusher wrote:
    Another conincidence is that John did a radio interview on the day of his murder where he talks candidly about his own eventual death and how he hopes he is very old and grey when it finally happens.

yes. he also did a photo shoot with yoko that day for rolling stone magazine. he's naked and curled up next to her, eyes shut. and the look on yoko's face, eyes staring past him, is as though he's already gone and she's missing him. at least that's how it was described in the 1000th anniversary issue that came out earlier this year. the cover was actually chosen as the best magazine cover of the past 40 years by a panel of magazine editors, artists and designers. the picture is almost foreboding.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    when John&Yoko were doing their living in bed for a week or whatever they had a morning of opening fan mail, one letter read by Yoko to John is by somebody expressing concern for his future welfare. They claimed to have been informed thru a ouija board that he would be shot dead in the near future...........all this was filmed and is part of a documentary I saw sometime.
    Spooky.

I expected that was to be the main thrust of this thread
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    he's gone, its sad, enjoy the music
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • adam42381 wrote:

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • when the beatles arrived in america the first time, they landed at kennedy airport in new york city. it had just been re-named 'john f. kennedy international airport', honoring the recently slain president. years later, john lennon was shot dead. was jfk airport cursed after it was re-named?? because i can't help but notice the similarities in life and death between these 2 men. kennedy was as big as one can get in the political world, the president of the united states, leader of the free world. lennon was kind of like the jfk of pop music, leader of the biggest band in the world. both men were leaders, peace activists and both were loved and adored around the world, almost equally. and both men met an eerily similar fate, gunned down by deranged assasins. anyone who was old enough during these times remembers where they were and what they were doing when they heard the news of the shootings. perhaps lennon's life was cursed at jfk airport??

the day after the beatles arrived in new york city, they did a photo shoot in central park. in the background of one of their pictures, off in the distance, you can see the dakota apartment building, where john would be murdered years later. was it already his fate??
  • elmer wrote:
    when John&Yoko were doing their living in bed for a week or whatever they had a morning of opening fan mail, one letter read by Yoko to John is by somebody expressing concern for his future welfare. They claimed to have been informed thru a ouija board that he would be shot dead in the near future...........all this was filmed and is part of a documentary I saw sometime.
    Spooky.

I expected that was to be the main thrust of this thread

yes. this was in the documentary 'imagine:john lennon.' but it wasn't during the bed-in. they were in bed, but it was in the early seventies sometime. the bed-in for peace took place in 1969. but what is interesting is that the spirit who gave the information through the ouija board about his impending murder was brian epstein, the late manager for the beatles.
  • aBoxOfFear wrote:
    when the beatles arrived in america the first time, they landed at kennedy airport in new york city. it had just been re-named 'john f. kennedy international airport', honoring the recently slain president. years later, john lennon was shot dead. both kennedy and lennon preached about peace. both of them were shot by lone nut assassins. both were shot in front of their wives. the day after the beatles arrived in new york city, they did a photo shoot in central park. in the background of one of the pictures, off in the distance, is the dakota apartment building, where john would be murdered years later.

yoko wasn't with lennon when he was shot
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • yoko wasn't with lennon when he was shot

if you mean she wasn't with him as in "they weren't walking arm in arm together", then you're right. but she arrived at the dakota with him and got out of the car first and walked ahead of him. but i think it's fair to say she was there when he got shot, albeit several feet ahead of him.
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Don't know too much about it, but they are making a movie about chapman
    This is exactly what Chapman wants....publicity. It's what he wanted from the beginning. So why are we giving it to him?
    I won't be watching the movie.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    is 10 years later considered the near future?
    are you sure it was 10 years? He`d left the beatles by the time of the scene
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I think you have to take these kinds of weird-reaching-unimportant-coincidences with the smallest grain of salt because they're ridiculous.

Sorry. :D

If you reach far enough, anything can be connected... :p
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • justam wrote:
    I think you have to take these kinds of weird-reaching-unimportant-coincidences with the smallest grain of salt because they're ridiculous.

are you kidding me?? are you telling me that stuff with mia farrow and ronald reagan isn't just a little too strange?? this is a little stranger than fiction. now i'm not someone who falls for this kind of thing easily, i don't believe in ghosts or reincarnation or any of that. but this stuff with lennon (like those similarities between the jfk and abraham lincoln assassinations) are just bizarre. they really make me wonder. (samuel L. jackson from pulp fiction) "if you wanna play blind man, go walk with a shepherd. but me, my eyes are wide fuckin' open." :D
  • and consider this:

(killer interview with larry king live) KING: Did you know it would be that night?

CHAPMAN: Yes, I knew that morning, oddly, when I left the hotel. I had some type of premonition that this was the last time I was going to leave my hotel room. I hadn't seen him up to that point, that's what makes it interesting. I wasn't even sure he was in the building.(i've read this countless times, about how chapman just knew, instinctively, that "this was going to be the day.")

and then put together with this:

that night, officers steve spiro and peter cullen were patrolling nyc. they were doing the night shift on the upper west side. it was a quiet monday night, but one of the officer's had a feeling "something big was going to happen" before the night was over. at 10:50 pm that night they responded to a call that shots had been fired in central park west. they were the first to respond, and they were the ones who lifted lennon up and carried him to a waiting patrol car. then they arrested chapman. (i read this in the book 'let me take you down', which was about the murder. oddly, i can't find anything on the net about this, anywhere. but it's in that book. they were interviewed about it)

AND:

john lennon was talking a lot about death in the weeks leading up to his murder, including the kennedy assassination. he went on and on about it. and he talked about his own eventual death, right up until that day, as if he sensed it was near.
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    justam wrote:

Yeah, I agree. Analyze anything to death and you always come up with something...
  • is 10 years later considered the near future?

he was wrong about that. i have the dvd at home and i checked that part out last night. it doesn't say "in the near future" at all. it just says "there will be an attempt to assassinate you." and this was in the early seventies sometime.

edit: btw, it was during the early seventies when mark david chapman first started fantasizing about killing john lennon. he would sing "imagine john lennon's dead" to his friends.
  • i found a short clip of john being interviewed by howard cosell on monday night football. the date is monday, december 9, 1974. 6 years later, on monday december 8, 1980 howard cosell broke the news of lennon's death on that same monday night football show. eerie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK7ZmTBemdo

i can't find the footage(or the audio) of howard cosell announcing his death, but i have seen it before. i can't believe it's not on youtube.
  • wow, nyc police officers had a premonition that something would happen in nyc that night? STOP THE PRESSES!!!!

something "big." police officers are always aware something could happen at any given minute, but this was different. it's not everyday an police officer has a feeling that something BIG is going to happen, and then something BIG happens. and they didn't just hear about it, they were directly involved. so ya, "stop the presses" indeed.