Nobody's fault but my own...

The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Posts: 12,158
edited March 2007 in Other Music
I love this Beck song! Here he is doing it live.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBFBLZodiYI

Treated you like a rusty blade
A throwaway from an open grave
Cut you loose from a chain gang
And let you go
And on the day you said it's true
Some love holds, some gets used
Tried to tell you I never knew
It could be so sweet
Who could ever be so cruel,
Blame the devil for the things you do
It’s such a selfish way to lose
The way you lose these wasted blues
These wasted blues
Tell me that it's nobody's fault
Nobody's fault
But my own
That it's nobody's fault
Nobody's fault
But my own
When the moon is a counterfeit
Better find the one that fits
Better find the one that lights
The way for you
When the road is full of nails,
Garbage pails and darkened jails
And their tongues
Are full of heartless tales
That drain on you
Who would ever notice you
You fade into a shaded room
It's such a selfish way to lose
The way you lose these wasted blues
These wasted blues

Nobody's fault But my own
Nobody's fault
But my own tell me that it's nobody's fault
Nobody's fault
But my own tell me that it's nobody's fault
Nobody's fault
But my own
Nobody's fault
But my own
Nobody's fault
Another habit says it's in love with you
Another habit says its long overdue
Another habit like an unwanted friend
I'm so happy with my righteous self
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• That's great!

I saw him play solo acoustic a few years ago, with another guitar player in the Zellerbach Theater in Philly. A tiny place, and him with an acoustic guitar had people in rapt attention. He closed with that version on that harmomium. Breathtaking!
    He had a stage full of instruments, and he would just wander around and pick one up and play a song. It was so comfortable, almost like you were all in his livingroom and hanging out. That show was like a gift from Beck.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

This song is awesome.

I too saw him play it live and it was fantastic. Beck puts on one hell of a show. And that's an understatement.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • Dick Jones wrote:
    That sounds awesome.

This song is awesome.

I too saw him play it live and it was fantastic. Beck puts on one hell of a show. And that's an understatement.

I wrote a letter through his web site last week asking for him to play some canadian shows next time around....other than Pearl Jam, this is who I want to see the most....
  • Dick JonesDick Jones Posts: 777
    aBoxOfFear wrote:
    I wrote a letter through his web site last week asking for him to play some canadian shows next time around....other than Pearl Jam, this is who I want to see the most....

Yeah he is a must see. I hope it works for you.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • That's great!

I saw him play solo acoustic a few years ago, with another guitar player in the Zellerbach Theater in Philly. A tiny place, and him with an acoustic guitar had people in rapt attention. He closed with that version on that harmomium. Breathtaking!
    He had a stage full of instruments, and he would just wander around and pick one up and play a song. It was so comfortable, almost like you were all in his livingroom and hanging out. That show was like a gift from Beck.

That sounds like it was a great night! I'd love to see a show like that!!
  • aBoxOfFear wrote:
    That sounds like it was a great night! I'd love to see a show like that!!

It was great. He was telling some jokes, and just playing around. The other guitar player was fun, too.
    One of the reason's I really like Beck is that he doesn't take himself too seriously, and has a good time. He isn't afraid to try weird and different things.
    I saw him last fall at the Tower theater, and it was great. In the middle of the show, he sat down and did an acoustic set solo while the band was eating dinner onstage. They were finishing up dinner and they started doing percussion on the glasses and banging on the table,,, then they sort of ambled back to their instruments and played again. Great fun to watch.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    I saw him last fall at the Tower theater, and it was great. In the middle of the show, he sat down and did an acoustic set solo while the band was eating dinner onstage. They were finishing up dinner and they started doing percussion on the glasses and banging on the table,,, then they sort of ambled back to their instruments and played again. Great fun to watch.

Very cool...

I saw him perform on SNL and they were banging the table and doing percussion on the glasses. It was really fun to watch. But yeah, I'm so up for a live gig....
  • That's great!

Beck has got to be the coolest single person in music.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Damn, that guy writes great lyrics. "Mutations" is probably my favorite Beck album.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits