Options

My Morning Jacket finally hit me

waves roll inwaves roll in Posts: 159
edited June 2006 in Other Music
My uncle game me "It Still Moves" awhile back and he told me how great they were live. I listended to it and didn't think much of it except for I absolutely loved "One Big Holiday." Then I find they are opening for Pearl Jam and go back and try to listen to them more hoping their other songs besides "One Big Holiday" will hit me. I found the other songs kind of boring but I didn't give up. I had the cd in the car yesterday for a long drive and man it really hit and I pretty much loved all the songs on the album. I can't wait to see them live with Pearl Jam. Anyways I was wondering what other albums I should get by them?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Definitely agree they'll be a great opener. I think all of their records take awhile, if you like It Still Moves I definitely reccomend At Dawn.
  • Options
    Cool I'll have to get At Dawn. I ended up picking up Z just for the hell of it and like it a whole lot so far. Really excited to see them open now.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    sounds like you have a cool uncle that has good taste in music.

They are incrediable live.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Yeah man, thanks, he does have great taste in music. So they really are that good live? I'm so stoked to see them now. I love that Pearl Jam normally has awesome opening acts.
  • Options
    lumpyfredlumpyfred Posts: 243
    Cool I'll have to get At Dawn. I ended up picking up Z just for the hell of it and like it a whole lot so far. Really excited to see them open now.
    Nice. Z is the only one I have by them and its one of my favorite albums period. I'm definitely gonna get more stuff by them too, probably It Sill Moves.
    Her?
  • Options
    crap. total rubbish.
    "The one's who love us best, are the one's we'll lay to rest. Visit their graves on holidays, at best. The one's who love us least, are the one's we'll die to please..." The Replacements

www.first-avenue.com
  • Options
    jhawk98jhawk98 Posts: 145
    crap. total rubbish.

are you serious?

Why are you so down on them? It still Moves is one of the top 10 records of the decade so far. They are great musicians and they write great songs.
    rock chalk
  • Options
    I've never heard My Morning Jacket before seeing them live at the first Camden show.. I thought they were amazing and I'm trying to get one of their cds. They have alot of harmony and an addictive indie sound.
    I would have fallen from the sky
    Til you
    Parachutes have opened now

• Options
    Roll ModelRoll Model Posts: 70
    Amberlykay wrote:
    I've never heard My Morning Jacket before seeing them live at the first Camden show.. I thought they were amazing and I'm trying to get one of their cds. They have alot of harmony and an addictive indie sound.

totally agree, i had never heard them (heard of them, yes) and with the excitment of pj's new album i went into my string of shows (detriot area) without hearing them, i have to say they had me coming back each night ready to watch and listen, them had a lot of energy on stage and sounded awesome, so now i've down loaded quite a few songs and reminising enjoyingly (is that a word? i'msorry)
    thinking of actually buying some of their music, i'm listening to them right now, i better go post in the "what are you listening to right now" thread
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    i bought their cd "z" when i heard they were opening up for pj cause i didnt really know their stuff and the 1st time i listened to it i wasnt very impressed. after seeing them 3 times open up i thought they were great live and have since gone back and listened to that cd and now i really dig it
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER