Neil Young's Sleeps With Angels

mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
edited May 2007 in Other Music
I am watching hie Bridge '94 perfomance right now and forgot just how good and underrated album that SWA is! 20+ minute acoustic version of Change Your Mind! Fucking Incredible!
"The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I am watching hie Bridge '94 perfomance right now and forgot just how good and underrated album that SWA is! 20+ minute acoustic version of Change Your Mind! Fucking Incredible!

I have that version of change your mind and it is awesome. Neils hushed voice lends itself so well to that song.

By the way where did you get video of that show from??? I sure would like to see it too :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    intodeep wrote:
    I have that version of change your mind and it is awesome. Neils hushed voice lends itself so well to that song.

By the way where did you get video of that show from??? I sure would like to see it too :D

Well I have the video of night one of both Neil and PJ that I bought at a head shop back in '94. It is recorded off of the video screens. Night two (which I was watching this morning) is on DVD and is the feed from the actual cameras. If you like we could do a trade or a B&P. Let me know.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Such a fucking awesome song.........ranks up there with "Cortez the Killer", "Cowgirl in the Sand and such......that cd is currently in my car's player.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    tybird wrote:
    Such a fucking awesome song.........ranks up there with "Cortez the Killer", "Cowgirl in the Sand and such......that cd is currently in my car's player.

Western hero is a great song that is so underated in my opinion.
    Drive By, Sleeps with Angels, Change yoru mind and more

An underated Neil album for sure.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • bladworth116bladworth116 Posts: 344
    how much was the budget for the "Piece of Crap" video?
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    how much was the budget for the "Piece of Crap" video?

I think it was two Heinekens and a pack of Extra Sugar Free bubble gum.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    great album. I love driveby. Neil's voice sounds so good when he sings "It's a random kind of thing, came upon a delicate flower"
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    Western hero is great!