Bands That Need To Release Their Upcoming Shows

mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
edited March 2008 in Other Music
So list the bands that mix it up on a nightly basis who you would love to have more than just one live album per tour from.

For me it would be REM and the Black Crowes. How about you?
"The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Definitely Black Crowes
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • joejohnjoejohn Posts: 30
    Your wish has been granted
    From crowesbase.net:

THE BLACK CROWES

TO RELEASE LIVE AND ARCHIVED RECORDINGS

AND FREE MP3’S TO THE FIRST 10,000 TO REGISTER ON

LIVEBLACKCROWES.COM

With the release of their first studio album in seven years, “Warpaint,” The Black Crowes announce there will be more music to come.

The Black Crowes are one of the few bands that have allowed their fans to tape record their live concerts and have encouraged taping and trading since their 1990 multi-platinum release, “Shake Your Moneymaker.”

Now, the band will lend a helping hand by making their own live recordings available of shows performed in 2008 as well as other previously unreleased live and archived material from their past. The Black Crowes continue to welcome fan taping.

The Black Crowes have partnered with nugs.net, the leader in band-to-fan distribution, to release live recordings of their upcoming tour 2008 on LiveBlackCrowes.com.

*** Starting March 31, the first 10,000 fans to register at LiveBlackCrowes.com will receive free MP3 downloads culled from the band’s intimate “One Night Only” shows this month. ***

* Every concert will be available within 96 hours of the performance (International shows may take up to one week before being made available)

* Full concert downloads in MP3 and true CD quality FLAC formats

* Each show also available on CD with custom artwork for each show

* CD+MP3 bundles of each show where fans can download the MP3 right away and get the CDs in the mail

* Nugs.net powers the band-to-fan services for hundreds of artists, including Metallica, Phish, Dave Matthews, the Grateful Dead, and festivals like Bonnaroo, Lollapalooza, and Austin City Limits Music Festival. Nugs.net has served over 50 million paid downloads in DRM-free fan-friendly MP3 and FLAC formats.

LIVEBLACKCROWES.COM will make available the upcoming shows in Australia and New Zealand as well as shows in London and Amsterdam. (Some International and US shows may not be available due to venue restrictions.)
  • HOLY SHIT THAT'S GREAT!! I'll spend even more money I don't have to spend....debt is fun
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • The VacantThe Vacant Posts: 271
    Clutch!
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Arcade Fire - they don't mix up their sets all that much BUT they are the best live band on the planet......so a live album is essential
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    The Vacant wrote:
    Clutch!
    Clutch! best touring band out there. face it, it's a fact.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Clutch! best touring band out there. face it, it's a fact.

Not true..it might be true if they played for more than an hour.
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    joejohn wrote:
    Your wish has been granted
    From crowesbase.net:

THE BLACK CROWES

TO RELEASE LIVE AND ARCHIVED RECORDINGS

AND FREE MP3’S TO THE FIRST 10,000 TO REGISTER ON

LIVEBLACKCROWES.COM

With the release of their first studio album in seven years, “Warpaint,” The Black Crowes announce there will be more music to come.

The Black Crowes are one of the few bands that have allowed their fans to tape record their live concerts and have encouraged taping and trading since their 1990 multi-platinum release, “Shake Your Moneymaker.”

Now, the band will lend a helping hand by making their own live recordings available of shows performed in 2008 as well as other previously unreleased live and archived material from their past. The Black Crowes continue to welcome fan taping.

The Black Crowes have partnered with nugs.net, the leader in band-to-fan distribution, to release live recordings of their upcoming tour 2008 on LiveBlackCrowes.com.

*** Starting March 31, the first 10,000 fans to register at LiveBlackCrowes.com will receive free MP3 downloads culled from the band’s intimate “One Night Only” shows this month. ***

* Every concert will be available within 96 hours of the performance (International shows may take up to one week before being made available)

* Full concert downloads in MP3 and true CD quality FLAC formats

* Each show also available on CD with custom artwork for each show

* CD+MP3 bundles of each show where fans can download the MP3 right away and get the CDs in the mail

* Nugs.net powers the band-to-fan services for hundreds of artists, including Metallica, Phish, Dave Matthews, the Grateful Dead, and festivals like Bonnaroo, Lollapalooza, and Austin City Limits Music Festival. Nugs.net has served over 50 million paid downloads in DRM-free fan-friendly MP3 and FLAC formats.

LIVEBLACKCROWES.COM will make available the upcoming shows in Australia and New Zealand as well as shows in London and Amsterdam. (Some International and US shows may not be available due to venue restrictions.)

:eek: :D:D HOLY SHIT!! Thanks for this!!! Ask and you shall receive. I was getting ready to bitch at the line about how the Crowes still encourage fan taping considering how it wasn't allowed for these club shows only to read about the free mp3's!!! Oh happy day!!!

EDIT: Just went over to LiveBlackCrowes.com and it allowed me to register now. The site is officially launching on the 31st but you can apparently sign up for the free two disc show now!! Enjoy!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Radiohead
    Wilco(well...shows from last month and this month)
    Mars Volta(3+ hours live now...insane)
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Todd76 wrote:
    Arcade Fire - they don't mix up their sets all that much BUT they are the best live band on the planet......so a live album is essential

Rumor has it there will be a live DVD this year and I'll be at the front of the fucking Q bitch, awesome live experience.

My vote goes to QOTSA, they mix there sets up well, also rumored to have a DVD hitting the shelves this year.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • STP! Pearl Jam
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10