Kings of Leon in Nashville

HoosierJamHoosierJam Posts: 104
edited September 2007 in Other Music
any fellow 10c people going or can anyone give me some tips for places to eat, drink, and record shops downtown near the ryman auditorium? we'll be staying in that area somewhere. thanks!!
nothing as it seems.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Two of my good friends will be attending this show. Enjoy.

There are plenty of sites to see downtown between Broadway and 2nd Avenue. Very tourist friendly.

Plus, The Ryman is the best venue to see a show...very intimate.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • yeah should be a great time. seemed like there was plenty to do downtown. so much it was hard to even narrow down when i was looking up info about the city. probably will just wing it unless someone comes back with some recomendations. can't wait to see the Ryman Auditorium. looks fantastic for a show.
    nothing as it seems.....
  • Grimey's Records is down by Vanderbilt in a small shopping area on West End I think. Broadway Brew House has some classy beer selections. This is one block from the Ryman. The Ryman is not smoker friendly, so if you like to burn down do it before you get there or get creative. Also, check out Tootsies, cool place, also on Broadway. If you're there on a Thursday Fri or Saturday run by yazoo brewery and get you some growlers of beer. Fresh beer is always better. Other than that check out Hillsboro Pike if you want to see some Posh ass houses or go to Brentwood. Actually you can follow hillsboro pike down to brentwood. Tell Vince Young what's up if you run into him, haha.
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
  • Wish they'd do a small venue around my hometown...saw them at Bumbershoot (Seattle) last weekend, and the Memorial Stadium was just too damn big...And I sooooo want to see them again....
    be philanthropic
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    just be sure not to run into the taper jean girl with a motel face
  • I'm going both nights. BRMC opening. Should be a great show. Was at the Ryman 2 weeks ago for Modest Mouse and Band of Horses...great venue not a bad seat in that house.

The record shops downtown are mostly country music. Be sure to go to Take 121 Studios on 121 3rd street south (just about two blocks from the Ryman) there you will find some great rock art posters for sale mostly from Print Mafia that is if you are into poster art. Most of it is from acts that have appeared locally over the years and all is for sale, they'll even frame it while you wait.
    You also need to check out a pub called The Flying Saucer they have over 200 beers from around the world (draft and bottled) and some of the best eats in town. It's just up the street (Broadway) at the Union Station hotel (kinda off to the side of the hotel on a little side street not hard to find though)
    the Minions
  • thanks everybody for the info. just what i was looking for. can't wait to rock out with the Kings!
    nothing as it seems.....