CHRIS CORNELL IN pa TONIGHT

camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
edited November 2007 in Other Music
Anybody going to Crock Rock's in PA tonight?

I heard hunger strike this morning on 107.1
i like sound...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• damn forgot about this, only 10 minutes away. shouldnt have made plans...gah
  • RyeGuyRyeGuy Posts: 215
    If it wasn't an hour drive I would be there.
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense." Ed Ved

"No one cares about climbing stairs, Nothing at the top no more." Chris Cornell
  • wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    and its gonna be white hot...AND its now sold out...
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    well????????

I know I am gonna be mad for not driving out from NJ (90 minutes from where I am). I guess since I had seen him in Reading and in Sayreville it kinda took away the 'need to go' factor.

In any case, let's have it.
  • I made the trek out for the show last night. I saw him at the Borgata in August and thought that was a better show than last night's. My first time at Crocodile Rock and I gotta say, I wasn't really a fan.

Off the top of my head, he played :Outshined, Rusty Cage, Ty Cobb, Sunshower, I Am the Highway, Like A Stone, BHS, Finally Forever, No Such Thing, Spoonman, Fell on Black Days acoustic, Billie Jean, Burden in my Hand, Slaves And Bulldozers, Be Yourself, SMHTL, What You Are.... and I think that's all I remember.

Pretty good show, but the guy next to me pretty much ruined it for myself and everyone around him. Literally tried to fight anyone that glanced at him. He was drugged up or drunk and just acting like a complete asshole. He was getting in people's faces all night and screaming at them and just being a complete dick to people. I can't stand people like him at concerts, just go and have a fucking good time and don't be such a prick. I'm really starting to think it was 'roid rage or something.
    Okay... seatbelts. Just put the little thing into the big thing and... I tell ya what. If you don't know how to fasten your seatbelt, just raise your hand and I'll have Tommy Boy here come back there and hit you in the head with a tack hammer because you're a RETARD.
  • camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    hahaha yea there was one bunch of idiot guys by the piler near the stage bar.

I never saw Chris Cornell before and i have to say i was really impressed. They really had fun on stage and rocked out on a bunch of songs. Glad he did a well rounded set, the acoustics were pretty good at the place but otherwise the layout of Crock Rocks sucks, and the crowd sucks even more. Tons of people just standing around like zombies.

I did however meet a PJ girl wearing an Into THe Wild t-shirt.. and i think almost wore it myself.

Hey FARTS, I was wearing a red PJ shirt from this past europe tour if by chance you saw me.

Chris came on at 9:30 and Playied until 11:45pm, and they playied pretty much the whole duration... well worth the money for the tickets, but i'll definitely be bringing more friends to the next show to offset the lame crowd that was present. I'd for sure he him again, but i would want to be more upfront instead of coralled off to the side at the bar with the cranky PA bar crowd. I did make one new lady friend during the evening so that made up for crowd. there is still hope for pennsylvania yet....
    i like sound...
  • hahaha yea there was one bunch of idiot guys by the piler near the stage bar.

I never saw Chris Cornell before and i have to say i was really impressed. They really had fun on stage and rocked out on a bunch of songs. Glad he did a well rounded set, the acoustics were pretty good at the place but otherwise the layout of Crock Rocks sucks, and the crowd sucks even more. Tons of people just standing around like zombies.

I did however meet a PJ girl wearing an Into THe Wild t-shirt.. and i think almost wore it myself.

Hey FARTS, I was wearing a red PJ shirt from this past europe tour if by chance you saw me.

Chris came on at 9:30 and Playied until 11:45pm, and they playied pretty much the whole duration... well worth the money for the tickets, but i'll definitely be bringing more friends to the next show to offset the lame crowd that was present. I'd for sure he him again, but i would want to be more upfront instead of coralled off to the side at the bar with the cranky PA bar crowd. I did make one new lady friend during the evening so that made up for crowd. there is still hope for pennsylvania yet....

Don't remember seeing the shirt, I saw a guy in a black PJ shirt, tho. And yeah, we were definitely standing near each other because I was near the bar, too. That guy was a huge asshole.

I had a white Villanova hat on and a green long sleeved shirt. I couldn't get into the show because I was too worried about what the dick next to me was going to do next and if he was going to try to hit me.
    Okay... seatbelts. Just put the little thing into the big thing and... I tell ya what. If you don't know how to fasten your seatbelt, just raise your hand and I'll have Tommy Boy here come back there and hit you in the head with a tack hammer because you're a RETARD.
  • camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    the guy had a fat shaved head right?? held his beer up alot during the first set.. i eventually moved up closer almost to the railing by the sound board

the bouncers in that place are testosterone freeks too.
    i like sound...
  • wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    Did you have a Doors logo on that long sleeve green shirt?? I was near you, off to your right...
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • the guy had a fat shaved head right?? held his beer up alot during the first set.. i eventually moved up closer almost to the railing by the sound board

i think i was standing right in front of that guy. every time someone tried to walk by him, he'd scream, "fuck you!!! where the fuck am i supposed to go?!? you want me to get up on somebody's shoulders so you can get by me?!?" then he'd tap me on the shoulder and sarcastically say, "hey, buddy, can i get up on your shoulders so this asshole can walk by?"

good times. :rolleyes:

to be fair, there were a lot of assholes trying to push through the crowd at the bar to get closer to the stage. but why make it worse by screaming your head off and drowning out the band? i find that it's best to just quietly push them (or elbow them) out of the way...

shitty crowd, shitty venue, shitty sound mix... but a great set...

highlights:

thank you (acoustic)
    preaching the end of the world (acoustic)
    slaves and bulldozers/4th of july/the end/whole lotta love
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,882
    awesome show i was front left on the rail in front of yogi, was wearing my pj polo but you couldnt really tell with my jacket over it.

that guy at the front right seemed like a dick, was glad i was on the left side, saw him alost get kicked out once.

show rocked, got a bunch of picks, only mad that chris didnt come to our side of the stage at all.

go see him if you get a chance he puts on one of the best concerts by far.

Ty cobb rocked that show, me and my friend agreed, best song :D
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• i didnt go to that.. but i had a BLAST 2 nights before that at the BoyHitsCar show at the Sterling Hotel :)