Scott Weiland's 12 Bar Blues, any comments on this cd.

nowayimfaithfullnowayimfaithfull Posts: 2,051
edited April 2008 in Other Music
I loved it, divider was my fav song from it. It really shows just what he is capable of doing.
Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Love it..Was sure we were going to get another solo album out of him soon,,,but that looks as if it will be on hold for a bit..
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    Great album, one of my faves is Lady, Your Roof Brings Me Down.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    It's unfinished, like they ran outta studio time and just thought, "fuck it, this'll do, me gonna squeeze into me leather trousers, adjust me feather boa and go score some crack."

That said, there's some certain potential as I hear it, as if it could of been a stomper.
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    This is a good CD, very moody.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Haven't heard it all...but I enjoy the tracks I have heard. Very eclectic...quite a departure from STP.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I actually need to give this one a try.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    Desperatation #5, Mockingbird girl, Barbarella, Lady your roof brings me down.....all good songs. Def a departure from STP. It came out in 98 I beleive.
  • Great album, but god damn depressing, don't y'all think?

Weiland at his most strung out point.
  • elmer wrote:
    It's unfinished, like they ran outta studio time and just thought, "fuck it, this'll do, me gonna squeeze into me leather trousers, adjust me feather boa and go score some crack."

That said, there's some certain potential as I hear it, as if it could of been a stomper.

do you mean it needs more songs, because I thought it was a pretty polished album for him

no more shows
  • corduroy41 wrote:
    Great album, but god damn depressing, don't y'all think?

Weiland at his most strung out point.

yes, buttttt
    It has great structure, and that mixed in with the bright piano tends to crossover the depression, when I put some of those songs mentioned plus divider, in with other rocking music the texture seems to show over the feeling. Scott is a mess, I get that in the stp sound, usually because its the same stale shit, with this it shows creativity, so I guess I give scott a free pass with this.
    Sometimes with good music I do not need to read into it too much, I guess I never get board with music when its good to my ears.
    But cover to cover tends to get hard with 12 Bar.

no more shows
  • I always thought that this album never got enough credit. I thought it was great and very underrated.

Funny thing though... I received a promo copy months before it came out because I was working in a record store. Anyways, there was a track on there that COMPLETELY ripped off Hey Jude and I noticed that when it officially came out that it had been removed. I'm at work right now and can't place the title and have no idea if it's really that rare of a track, but I just remember thinking "Gee, did you really think they wouldn't notice?".. lol
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    have always loved this album. love mockingbird girl !! this whole album rocks! he has already started and maybe finished a second solo album. will prob. hear it after the STP reunion. cant wait.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
    I always thought that this album never got enough credit. I thought it was great and very underrated.

Funny thing though... I received a promo copy months before it came out because I was working in a record store. Anyways, there was a track on there that COMPLETELY ripped off Hey Jude and I noticed that when it officially came out that it had been removed. I'm at work right now and can't place the title and have no idea if it's really that rare of a track, but I just remember thinking "Gee, did you really think they wouldn't notice?".. lol

Lazy Divey. In addition to being a Hey Jude ripoff, it's much weaker than anything else on the album. I'm glad they had the sense to take it off.

I LOVE the album though. An amazing piece of music.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • hailhail82 wrote:
    Lazy Divey. In addition to being a Hey Jude ripoff, it's much weaker than anything else on the album. I'm glad they had the sense to take it off.

Yeah I picked up a promo copy used when I noticed that.
    Good to see other people enjoy this cd as much as I did.

no more shows
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,358
    Took a bit to get use to it...but then I loved it.

Saw him on his short tour as well and it was one of my all time favorite shows. Great energy and in a smaller club.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    yes, buttttt
    It has great structure, and that mixed in with the bright piano tends to crossover the depression, when I put some of those songs mentioned plus divider, in with other rocking music the texture seems to show over the feeling. Scott is a mess, I get that in the stp sound, usually because its the same stale shit, with this it shows creativity, so I guess I give scott a free pass with this.
    Sometimes with good music I do not need to read into it too much, I guess I never get board with music when its good to my ears.
    But cover to cover tends to get hard with 12 Bar.
    I haven't the album around at the moment or I'd stick it on. At the time of it's release I was put off by the critics'(harsh) reviews, and didn't have the cash to warrant the risk of purchase.
    Agree with yer it shows a more creative side, just thought some of the songs sounded like demos or crazy remixes. It's beena while since I listened to it so I can't be more specific unfortunatly.
  • that album is fucking WEIRD.

Heroin much?

:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    Scott Weiland kicks ass great album. Lazey Divey is a great song.
  • elmer wrote:
    I haven't the album around at the moment or I'd stick it on. At the time of it's release I was put off by the critics'(harsh) reviews, and didn't have the cash to warrant the risk of purchase.
    Agree with yer it shows a more creative side, just thought some of the songs sounded like demos or crazy remixes. It's beena while since I listened to it so I can't be more specific unfortunatly.

it does have a fuzzy demo sound in some spots, the piano really hits me pretty good though.

no more shows
  • that album is fucking WEIRD.

Heroin much?

:D

yes but classy for him, it definantly shows extreme talent in songwriting.

no more shows
  • momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    I saw him perform these songs and I have to agree with a previous post, he was very very strung out. He came on stage with a boa, wearing a black tutu outfit. He was awful. I left probably 20 minutes into the show. He was actually the first concert I ever walked out of.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • momofglynn wrote:
    I saw him perform these songs and I have to agree with a previous post, he was very very strung out. He came on stage with a boa, wearing a black tutu outfit. He was awful. I left probably 20 minutes into the show. He was actually the first concert I ever walked out of.
    Doesnt suprize me, he is usually weak with stp, he is a strange dude, but he can write music.

no more shows
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    This album is proof that drugs are very bad for you.
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310
    i hope he puts out another one. the tour boots i have hard sounded not so good. does anyone know if the pilots plan to release any new music?
  • whome13whome13 Posts: 72
    apparently they are recording in november.

scott also has a few new songs recorded for his next solo album.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    hailhail82 wrote:

Rip off a shit song and what do you get? An even more shit song :)

sorry Beatles fans.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,358
    You people are crazy...Scott is Terrific when he is strung out.

He's the reason that drugs should be legal for musicians.
    hippiemom = goodness