Snow Patrol

Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
edited April 2007 in Other Music
This is a band I would never think I would like, but I caught them Live last night on TV. Not bad at all. I had only heard "Chasing Cars" prior to watching the Concert.

I must be getting old listening to mellow rock.
My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I love their early stuff: "Songs For Polarbears" and "When It's All Over We Still Have To Clear Up". It's pretty rocky; Gary Lightbody's favourite band and biggest influence is Pearl Jam.
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    snow patrol are so laaaaaaame now!

first 2 albums= awesome, especially songs for polar bears

final straw= really good album

eyes open= what the fuck is this pish!?!

i know its a term that is thrown around a lot, but snow patrol have sold out.

gone are the days of post punk progression and now we are faced with the spiderman 3 theme

they even fired their bass player as he had the stones to stand up and say to them - "hang on, surely our songs on every episode of greys anatomy is a little but much??" or something along those lines

rant=over
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • I thought their performance on Live 8 was good.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    my fav album is final straw...eyes open is okay...but radio has overplayed chasing cars. They are turning them into a adult contemporary staple.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    I love their early stuff: "Songs For Polarbears" and "When It's All Over We Still Have To Clear Up". It's pretty rocky; Gary Lightbody's favourite band and biggest influence is Pearl Jam.

how do you know this? im just curious.

i like snow patrol, though im not really a huge fan of their last album. final straw is amazing though and when it's all over is good too.
  • I honestly am never bothered by a good song being overplayed. I think "Chasing Cars" is an excellent song. It is all I know by them, though
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    This is a band I would never think I would like, but I caught them Live last night on TV. Not bad at all. I had only heard "Chasing Cars" prior to watching the Concert.

I must be getting old listening to mellow rock.

they are very good live. their last album is a bit on the mellow side, but their prior 3 albums are all fantastic albums. i hate that they are kinda defined by their few huge pop radio hits.
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    I just bought final straw and almost done with it.

I really think people who shit on this band have never heard it.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • BremertonBremerton Posts: 279
    I loved the first three and both Reindeer Section CD's, but was pissed when I heard Eyes Open. That was definitely a Everclearesque jump the shark moment.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    terrible band
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    wow my assumptions about peoples musical taste on here is spot on...there is NO taste!!

this band is awful!!