Beck's Midnite Vultures

gossardstradlingossardstradlin Posts: 324
edited February 2008 in Other Music
Great album. I think it is underrated because of the success of Odelay, Sea Change. Rightly so those albums are fantastic but I was grooving to Midhite yesterday and it is great. Takes a while to grow on you but it is as original or creative as anything he has done IMO.

Love the lines in the songs.

"I'll feed you fruit that don't exist,
I'll leave grafitti where you've never been kissed."

Full of 'em.
"She knows there is no success like failure
And that failure's no success at all."

"Don't ya think its sometimes wise not to grow up."

"Cause life ain't nothing but a good groove
A good mixed tape to put you in the right mood."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Midnite Vultures is Pi-IMP!

Peaches and Creeaaamm ...

... I cold step to you ... with a fresh pack of gum
    I could tell by the look in your eye,
    you wanted so-ome!

:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    I was just listening to this the other day!! Sexx Laws is a great opener... and Debra's the perfect closer. Everything in between is topnotch as well.

Never understood the praise for Sea Change though. I think that's his worst album... Mutations is a much better acoustic album!
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    My very most favourite album by Beck.I am as obsessed by the man and his music as I am with P.J.
    Its just such a damn sexy cheesy album.I loved it from day one.I can honestly say I truly love all of his albums,even the freakishly weird Stereopatheticsoulmanure has some little gems on it.
    The man is a genius.Steals from everyone but makes it feel its all his own.Brilliant.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Midnite Vultures is Pi-IMP!

Peaches and Creeaaamm ...

... I cold step to you ... with a fresh pack of gum
    I could tell by the look in your eye,
    you wanted so-ome!

:D

I love that line!
    "She knows there is no success like failure
    And that failure's no success at all."

"Don't ya think its sometimes wise not to grow up."

"Cause life ain't nothing but a good groove
    A good mixed tape to put you in the right mood."
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I actually find Sea Change quite boring. Midnight Vultures is a fun, smart party album. The more I listen to Beck the more I realize what an innovator he is. I can't believe I haven't caught his live show yet.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    gabers wrote:
    I actually find Sea Change quite boring. Midnight Vultures is a fun, smart party album. The more I listen to Beck the more I realize what an innovator he is. I can't believe I haven't caught his live show yet.

Oh man you would go nuts at his live shows.They are amazing,a real sensory overload.He pops all these crazy dance moves,does songs with the band around a laden dinner table,and they use the crockery,utensils etc as instruments.The man is a genius.I love him.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • MV era Beck is my favorite. TOo bad it doesn't get as much praise as Odelay, or Sea Change. Broken Train, Debra, Nicotine & Gravy, MIlk & Honey all great tunes.