MMJ-Okonokos

gossardstradlingossardstradlin Posts: 324
edited April 2007 in Other Music
What a great album. Just picked this up my second MMJ album (Z being the other one). I have to say I am very impressed. And to think some of you lucky bastards saw these guys open for PJ.

I like how many of the songs aren't from Z, and they are very good.
"She knows there is no success like failure
And that failure's no success at all."

"Don't ya think its sometimes wise not to grow up."

"Cause life ain't nothing but a good groove
A good mixed tape to put you in the right mood."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Now go and get the DVD...even thought it's the same concert, it's a whole other experience unto itself!
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • dharma69 wrote:
    Now go and get the DVD...even thought it's the same concert, it's a whole other experience unto itself!

I will! I have heard the DVD is incredible. Have to see these guys next time they come through.
    "She knows there is no success like failure
    And that failure's no success at all."

"Don't ya think its sometimes wise not to grow up."

"Cause life ain't nothing but a good groove
    A good mixed tape to put you in the right mood."
  • I will! I have heard the DVD is incredible. Have to see these guys next time they come through.

yep, the dvd is almost identical to the cd, a couple songs left off... also, it's hard to notice, but both the dvd and cd are taken from both shows of a two night stand at the fillmore in san francisco, and there is some crazy editing in the dvd, watch closely and you'll see

and as stated, you gotta see them live if you haven't, although they are going back into the studio to record a new album so it will probably be a while before they are back on the road again
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • KirkwoodKirkwood Posts: 228
    I guess I´m the only one who doesn´t like the dvd. I mean it´s not bad but i´t´s not good either. Don´t think it caught the My morning jacket live experience.
    And the whole movie theme or whatever it is, doesn´t aply to me.

Watch the you tube files of the austin show, there you have something.

Must add that I still love them=)
    2006 Paris, Prague
    2007 Munich, Katowice, Kopenhaven, Nijmegen
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I bought Okonokos CD after buying Z and seeing MMJ opening for PJ in Paris last year.
    Okonokos is wasome !
    Lay low and Donate are m two favorites. 20 minutes of pure music.
    Last week, I received the Vinyl version of onokonos I bought on Ebay. That's the best way to listen to that incredible stuff.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    god this may be one of the best live cds ever, i feel all trippy and shit while listening to it. its like music heaven
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• For my money, It Still Moves is still far and away the best MMJ album, although Okonokos is a very good live album that I enjoy very much, I find the studio recordings of songs like Mahgeetah are just beasts.
    "A toast....to Canadian born Neil Young!!!" - Eddie Vedder

CANADIAN AND PROUD OF IT!!!!!!
  • For my money, It Still Moves is still far and away the best MMJ album, although Okonokos is a very good live album that I enjoy very much, I find the studio recordings of songs like Mahgeetah are just beasts.

My thoughts Exactly, IT Still Moves is a total Mind opening Experience
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982