Goo Goo Dolls Live

Gallant88Gallant88 Posts: 58
edited November 2006 in Other Music
I have the opportunity to go see them tomorrow night for $50. How are they live? I would go for sure, only thing holding me bck is the cash flow... I'm a university student, and well.
September 22, 2005 - Halifax.. ahhh
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    id pass. i saw them with the counting crows for $30. both bands were incredibly disappointing. i wasnt impressed. certainly not to the tune of $50. though i assume that's canadian... ive no clue what that is here?
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    they are terrible and it seems like are getting worse every album

so i can't see how that can come off as good in a live setting
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • im a very very casual fan, fiancee loves em though, saw em on the first leg of the tour, Only played for an hour, whats that all about?????

Guess John rzzzzzzznnjkkkkkk didnt want to mess his hair up.
  • Really good performance, however, yeah... really short. Rznnnsdvnc seems like 1 cock bastard, good performer though. Toni Swick band opened, well worth checking out.
    September 22, 2005 - Halifax.. ahhh
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I've seen the goos twice. The first time they were one of the opening bands on Bush's sixteen stone tour with no doubt being the other. My dad and I were really impressed. They only played 6 songs, and they were all from a boy named goo but the performance made me pick up the album.
    I saw them on their Headlining tour for their dizzy up the girl tour with fastball and sugar ray opening. Once again, they put on a great show. Both times I saw them bush tix were 20 bucks, and the headlining tour was 10 bucks they had a special for first weekend lawn seats. I don't know if I would pay 50 bucks to see them, but I left feeling satisfied with both shows. I honestly don't think I would have paid 50 bucks for them. I'm suprised they are that high! They are desent live, but if it were me, I'd save the 50 bucks for a bigger show like pj or clapton. I f you have itunes or rhapsody, they have a live disc called live from Buffalo from July 4rth 2004 and it has a bit of everything from their popular and recent albums, so maybe checking that out might help you make the decision. Desent show like I said, but I don't think their show is worth 50 bucks to me at least.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • $50 is ALOT for the Goo Goo Dolls...They played at a really small theatre like 2 years ago in the town I live for like $30. I really want to see them but I don't think I would pay that, depends on how bad you want to see them I guess.
    08-19-08 (Riverside Theater) Vedder(Solo) Milwaukee, WI
    07-02-11 (Orpheum Theatre) Vedder(Solo) Minneapolis, MN
  • $50 for them? go buy your girl some perfume or something if you want to blow $50.

edit: of course I meant "says it all" in my topic but that can't be edited
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    $50 for them? go buy your girl some perfume or something if you want to blow $50.

edit: of course I meant "says it all" in my topic but that can't be edited

I think poo poo would suit them better.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    Do they still play that 'iris' song?
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    brhf9 wrote:
    Do they still play that 'iris' song?

Yeah, they still play Iris and most of the hits so their shows are usually a good mix of stuff. I really liked their boy named goo album, but I'm not sure how many of the songs they play besides Naked, Name, and maybe long way down.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • It's a shame how a band like this has fallen from grace. They only mostly play songs from Dizzy until the last album. A couple from Boy Named Goo. Ususally Two Days In Feb. That's as far as their "old school" stuff goes. You might get lucky and get We Are The Normal or Girl Right Next To Me from Superstar Carwash (my vote for their best album). That's what's so great about PJ. They love playing old stuff.

I agree with Johnny being a dick. When I worked at a local radio station here in Buffalo, we had a giveway with tix to see them in Rochester and to meet the band before the show. This was back on the Boy Named Goo tour. Robby and Mike were there before the show at a bar we all me at. Johnny was no where to be found.

Yeah, they'll play Iris. And Name, Naked, Broadway and Black Balloon. Basically, listening to Live From Buffalo is what you'd expect to hear at a Goo show (with some songs from the new album).

As far as sound live, they aren't that bad. Depends on what you expect from them. Johnny's pretty sloppy on the electric (always has been). And that's not necesarrily bad. However, he does play a lot of acoustic guitar during his shows.
    "Caught a bolt 'a lightnin'...cursed the day he let it go..." - EV
  • the goo goo dolls stink on ice. I saw them at Darien lake and their set gave me the douche chills it was that painstakingly bad
  • Why don't you wait for the GIn Blossoms or Oasis?! Ha!
    www.myspace.com/olafvonmastadon
  • But our tickets were free...I actually LOVE CC's but refused to pay those ridiculous prices...but I won tickets plus the new Dolls cd--which I gave to my sister...I thought Dolls were enjoyable...their singer was VERY GRACIOUS! This is what I enjoyed the absolute best...CC's were a bit of a disappointment...Adam just came across flat lazy...just not used to this in a CC's performance...
    "Everytime I hear that melody, something breaks inside" -- T.W.