Just saw The Rolling Stones last night

down_skidown_ski Posts: 328
edited October 2006 in Other Music
In Missoula, Mt. One hell of a show, no matter what anyone says about their age, they can still rock. It was Awesome!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Cool. I would like to see them before they die, unfortunately every time they play Ireland it costs around €125.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Screw their age, they're still incredible. But they're also incredibly, up-their-ass expensive. :(
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • I could hear the show pretty well from my house (in the lower Rattlesnake) and it sounded really good. And everyone I've talked to about it said it was great. Yeah, they're old, but if they couldn't put on a good show, they wouldn't be touring anymore.
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i agree. saw them last friday and they rocked. no better stage set up in the world, either.... i thought it was well worth the money for a bigger bang :)
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • tsopotelba wrote:
    I could hear the show pretty well from my house (in the lower Rattlesnake) and it sounded really good. And everyone I've talked to about it said it was great.

They played Wichita, KS, recently, and I had a very similar experience. I live less than 2 miles away from the venue they played so I got to listen to the whole thing for free, and my friends who actually went could not stop raving about it. Even though I heard the whole thing for no charge, I really wish I had just bought a nose-bleed seat ticket so I could have had the full experience.
  • I saw the Stones in Wichita. Un-f'n-belieable! I had great seats (a birthday gift), was within spitting distant of Keith a few times. They still sound great!!!!
  • ye ssaw them in 02 they were great
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • i'm not a big fan, more an admirer, but went to see then this year at Twickenham because it was on my "to do list" before i die. Gotta say its one hell of a spectacle and was worth every penny.
  • EnsignEnsign Posts: 6
    I bought tickets for the show in El Ejido (Spain), but they finally cancelled it (the day before) due to a throat illness of Jagger. I got so sad and angry. You're lucky to have seen them.

My favourite Stones song is Jumpin' Jack Flash... just fantastic...
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    Totally agree, they might be old, but they still rock big time. I seen them in Halifax like 4 weeks ago, what an amazing show. And the fact that we were like 10 feet from the stage made the whole experience even better.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • Cool. I would like to see them before they die, unfortunately every time they play Ireland it costs around €125.

Haha, I love the way you phrased that.
    "It's not British music, it's American music. Now c'mon." -Bob Dylan
  • the stones should give as much as they take. there's only so much old people can do with bus loads of money.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self