Anyone here enjoy Metal?

down_skidown_ski Posts: 328
edited March 2008 in Other Music
I may seem like a scapegoat here, but i honestly love some metal. Slayer, Megadeth, Lamb of God even. These are some talented guys, and some times...i like metal.

And i mean True Metal, not Nu-Metal! God damn, Slipknot even has some good songs. I need some opinions!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• down_ski wrote:
    I may seem like a scapegoat here, but i honestly love some metal. Slayer, Megadeth, Lamb of God even. These are some talented guys, and some times...i like metal.

And i mean True Metal, not Nu-Metal! God damn, Slipknot even has some good songs. I need some opinions!

*ahem*

**waves**

HUGE metal fan here! :D

Seen all of the bands you mentioned numerous times and even met Slayer.

There's a fair few of us metal fans on here tbh
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Only to laugh at the haircuts.
  • Fu_ManchuFu_Manchu Posts: 422
    Slipknot. oh dear.

Metal by numbers for kids
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    every now and again I don't mind a little banging of the head.
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Masto Fucking Don.
  • I like Metallica, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Sabbath, I consider Rage metal, Tool, Pantera, Megadeth (Rust in Peace is one of my favorite albums of all time), and Liquid Tension Experiment
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    PJ-Sin wrote:
    Opeth!!!!

One of my favorite bands!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Converge
    The Dillinger Escape Plan
    Coalesce
    old Lamb of God (their last record sucked)
  • Masto Fucking Don.
    FUCKIN A, one of the few metal bands I actually truly love!
  • reachdown12reachdown12 Posts: 693
    Absolutely adore Metal!

I've been to far too many shows than I can count but that energy..its one that just cannot be replicated. One of the most amazing genres.
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • I'm going to see Down for my 5th and 6th time in two weeks... Birmingham and Dublin... I loves me some Southern metal goodness! :D;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• old Lamb of God (their last record sucked)

:eek:

explain please.... :)

(I love LoG, fave song is The Black Dahlia and have seen them 5 times. I loved Sacrament... yes, even Redneck ;))

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I'm not a huge metal head but i dig some stuff like:

Metallica (gotta have the old "old stuff" disclamor in there)
    Slayer
    Mastodon
    Baroness
    Opeth
    Amon Amarth
    Nile
    High on Fire
    Pantera/Down

The above are probably my favorites i do like some stuff from other bands like: machine head (that last album was killer), sepultura, pelican, isis, emporer, immortal, kylesa, strapping young lad, and others i'm not thinking of now.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Baroness rules. Really liked Metal back in the 80s with bands like Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Def Leppard, Metallica, Dio, Venom....
  • Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    jeffbr wrote:
    One of my favorite bands!

im goin to seee Opeth soon, suppoerted by devildriver an 3 inches of blood
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    Opeth
    In Flames
    Early Metallica
    Marty Friedman era Megadeth
    and the boss hog Pantera!