Why do I love the Wallflowers so much?

failedpersephonefailedpersephone Posts: 3,424
edited March 2008 in Other Music
I dunno - but I do...I really do. :D
IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I've never heard of them until just now. They're not really my cup of tea so far but I like bands that I'm embarrassed to admit to as well. (Could I sound anymore patronising)? :D:D
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Jacob is the only original member, and he is doing a solo record.

The real talent of that band, Rami Jaffee, is now touring with the Foo Fighters.

Other former members have gone on to better things....Michael Ward is now in Ben Harper's band, Mario Calliere is in Ozomatli, and Peter Yanowitz was in Natalie Merchant's band, and is now in MorningWood.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i used to love their album "bringing down the horse." not sure how much id like it today, but i used to listen to that album all the time.
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    i loved Breach.....

their music still brings back happy memories from college for me, so yeah I still like that record, and the one before it......

So they arent cool, fuck it, it's all about what music means to you.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • woah...I dint even realize they weren't cool.

strange, I was hoping someone could explain why I liked to listen to them...they dont fit with any of my other stuff...well, not really...but I really like them.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    woah...I dint even realize they weren't cool.

strange, I was hoping someone could explain why I liked to listen to them...they dont fit with any of my other stuff...well, not really...but I really like them.

Everythings uncool in England.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,968
    I dunno - but I do...I really do. :D

Wallflowers and the Dodgers? That's a shit combination :p!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • I dunno - but I do...I really do. :D

same thing...absolutely love 'em.
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
  • augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    there was time where i just couldn't get the song "some flowers bloom dead" out of my head...soooooo spot on :)

i look forward to mr dylan's next release