Very Weird Random Music Question

FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
edited November 2006 in Other Music
Alright im not sure how much sense this will make... but ill give it a try.

A year or so ago, something was posted in here about a band that ed had mentioned in an interview (yeah i know, very bleak) but i remember the band was from another country or something. Anyhow, i had downloaded a song (cuz i always tend to check out stuff that pj members mention for shits in giggles) and it turns out they had this one really cool song...something about rain, and boots lol Fuck! I had a computer crash awhile back, and lost alot of stuff that id knew id only remember in waves... so for the life of me, i cant remember the name of the song (but im pretty sure it has something to do with rain in the title) and i cant remember the band's name... so if this makes sense to anyone what so ever, i would greatly greatly appreciate any kind of help. Heck, even if you remember a band mentioned by ed in an interview, throw it my way, im positive id recognize the name of the band and or song.

Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• no idea sorry
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    have you tried typing 'rain' into itunes and scrolling through the results?
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Sonja_S wrote:
    have you tried typing 'rain' into itunes and scrolling through the results?

yeah, i tried it on allmusic.com and no luck either....

thanks for the tip though!
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Anything more you can tell us about the type of music, the singer, style etc?
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
    or anything else about the interview where he mentioned the band. maybe we can find the interview...
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • could it have been Death Cab for Cutie?
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
    haha i love you guys;p

well i remember, when i checked them out, they were almost "techno"

they were men... hmmm and i dont know what interview it was either... :( im awful!

but... i do know it wasnt death cab for cutie :D

I was watching nacho libre (which was shit may i add) and there was this instrumental song that sounded kinda like the song im trying to remember... ill figure out what that song is, and upload it, and hopefully, my head wont expload from trying to figure it out :D

another thing i remember about the song is that the last bit of it, was completely instrumental and just had chanting (well not chanting but, oooooo ahhhhhhhs )
    ok i found out the song that SOUNDS like the outro to the other song im trying to figure out..

its by beck... "10,000 pesos"

just click listen on number 10

http://www.amazon.com/Nacho-Libre-Original-Soundtrack/dp/B000I8OOJC/sr=1-1/qid=1162579307/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-5986726-8244837?ie=UTF8&s=music
    does bill miller ring any bells?
    Sonja_S wrote:
    does bill miller ring any bells?

hmmm no...then again, i dont know much today it seems :D

i checked out bill miller though.. doesnt seem like it has any relevancy...

keep throwin em at me though :D
    i tried to google 'rain' and 'vedder' doesn't seem to work though :D
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Could it be the band Idlewild?? They opened for pj on part of the riot act tour during the 2nd leg. They were pretty good and the performance prompted me to pick up their album the "remote part" which they were touring in support of that time around, I think Ed said these guys were from Scottland.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
    I just remembered that there is a pretty techno-y track by Placebo called 'English Summer Rain'. Other than that, I'm at my wit's end.
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Sonja_S wrote:
    I just remembered that there is a pretty techno-y track by Placebo called 'English Summer Rain'. Other than that, I'm at my wit's end.

I thought of that, then I found it hard to believe that Ed would talk about Placebo...
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
    damn damn damn... :D

not idlewild...

not placebo...

crap! thanks for all the help guys, we will figure it out eventually
    ok after thinking about it all day, maybe it wasnt an interview... but it kind of had to be, cuz it was just a list of a bunch of music that ed dug....

i dunno if that helps or not but
    see, times like this, i wish eddie vedder was just a dude, and i could look up his number in the phone book and give him a ring...
    and is sealab a band (i know its a show) ? or something close to that... i dont think its them, but i remember a band by this name was mentioned in the interview or what not that i read..... oi, my head is very near implosion :D
  • You may be thinking of Stereolab. They do fit your description. I know that PJ are fans.
    Alpine Valley '92
    Milwaukee 2 '95
    Alpine Valley '00
    Milwaukee 1 '06
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    I just looked through the 8 Stereolab CD's (over 90 songs) that I own and there are no songs with "rain" in the title.....I know Eddie loves the song "The Noise Of Carpet" - he played it on the Self Pollution Radio show
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
    You may be thinking of Stereolab. They do fit your description. I know that PJ are fans.

YES! im an idiot lol.... btw guys, im not totally sure if it has rain in the title, i just remember that being a big theme in the song... sorry im a pooper for info:(

ill post as it comes to me, im sure all you are wondering what the fuck im talking about just as much as my self
  • rcsrcs Posts: 711
    Is it Dry the Rain by Beta Band?
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
    holy crap!!!!!!! dddddddddduuuude thank you so much ...THATS IT

RCS! thank you thank you thank you

and thanks to everyone who helped

as soon as i saw it , it all came back to me

i owe ya one
  • rcsrcs Posts: 711
    Amazing song! Amazing band! Too bad they're no more. Glad I could help.

Enjoy!
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
    rcs wrote:
    Amazing song! Amazing band! Too bad they're no more. Glad I could help.

Enjoy!

indeed indeed....

thanks again man