Anyone Wanna Loan Me 100 bucks to see Dylan?

FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
edited February 2008 in Other Music
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Ask your mother.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Ask your mother.

my mother has passed

:(
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    100 bucks is a lot of money. What's in it for us? I bet we could take up a collection if you have a webcam :p

JK!!!!

If I had an extra hundred bucks, I'd hook a sista up.
    enharmonic wrote:
    100 bucks is a lot of money. What's in it for us? I bet we could take up a collection if you have a webcam :p

JK!!!!

If I had an extra hundred bucks, I'd hook a sista up.

awwwwwww what a sweetie hehe... and hahahahahha web cam :) this is why i love men :D
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    sure. i'll give it to you.......if you come and get it. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    I seen Dylan for free a few years ago, so luckily I only wasted gas money.

Worst show I have ever seen. Sure you are seein a living legend with a library of great, classic music, but there isnt much more than that, and for me it took away from his legend.
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    I seen Dylan for free a few years ago, so luckily I only wasted gas money.

Worst show I have ever seen. Sure you are seein a living legend with a library of great, classic music, but there isnt much more than that, and for me it took away from his legend.

Thats what everyone keeps saying to me...

I hear that dylan just doesnt transfer live well, at all....
  • poto101poto101 Posts: 406
    not worth a hundred.

i spend 37 only becuase it was dylan. if he wasn;t such a legend i would have regretted paying that much, which really isnt much for a concert these days

don't pay 100, its just not worth it.
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
  • lol, nevermind
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • I wouldn't waste $100 on a Dylan concert, unless you're dying to see him in person before he croaks. His recent performances have been horrible. He sings like he's hacking up phlegm, and the songs are unrecognizable.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    JWBusher wrote:
    I wouldn't waste $100 on a Dylan concert, unless you're dying to see him in person before he croaks. His recent performances have been horrible. He sings like he's hacking up phlegm, and the songs are unrecognizable.

I havent seen him live but his voice was quite poor on the last few albums and on the youtube videos. I would only see him if it was really cheap.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    bobby d is playing about three miles from my house tonight, and stupid me didnt find out about it until after i spent 700 on pearl jam tickets :P

so this is very frustrating! Come on... loan me 100 bucks and ill repay you with the monies plus as many pearl jam boots and dvds as you want :D

700 on pearl jam tickets? fuck this deal, how about YOU give ME money for groceries this week eh? :)

my gf's best friend has seen dylan like 15 times. she's obsessed. she couldn't pay rent last month, but somehow managed to drop 700 on a trip to texas to see him this weekend. no band i've ever seen is worth that kind of money.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Thats what everyone keeps saying to me...

I hear that dylan just doesnt transfer live well, at all....

I paid 20 to see him a few years ago at the Houston livestock show and rodeo. It took him about song 10 (Lay Lady, Lay) to get into the whole show and then he didn't even do an encore. I hope to see him again at a real show of his and not a festival type thing like ACL, Bonneroo OR rodeo. I'm glad I got to see him though. He is one of my favorite artists but live is very hit or miss. Mostly due to the fact that he rearranges the music and vocally it sounds very poor trying to sing on key with the new arrangements. I don't think Dylan was really into this particular show either, cause he did not acknowledge the crowd at all, he did not say one word the whole night to the crowd. He is not worth 100 bucks. However, I do hope to see him again. If I was still living in Dallas, well he just played 3 shows at the House of Blues.
    My sister saw him at ACL last year, and said he sucked. Then, again she isn't really familiar with his music.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
    700 on pearl jam tickets? fuck this deal, how about YOU give ME money for groceries this week eh? :)

my gf's best friend has seen dylan like 15 times. she's obsessed. she couldn't pay rent last month, but somehow managed to drop 700 on a trip to texas to see him this weekend. no band i've ever seen is worth that kind of money.

haha well, this was in 2006 mind you lol ... now i need money for groceries too, and beer! :D
    red mos wrote:
    I paid 20 to see him a few years ago at the Houston livestock show and rodeo. It took him about song 10 (Lay Lady, Lay) to get into the whole show and then he didn't even do an encore. I hope to see him again at a real show of his and not a festival type thing like ACL, Bonneroo OR rodeo. I'm glad I got to see him though. He is one of my favorite artists but live is very hit or miss. Mostly due to the fact that he rearranges the music and vocally it sounds very poor trying to sing on key with the new arrangements. I don't think Dylan was really into this particular show either, cause he did not acknowledge the crowd at all, he did not say one word the whole night to the crowd. He is not worth 100 bucks. However, I do hope to see him again. If I was still living in Dallas, well he just played 3 shows at the House of Blues.
    My sister saw him at ACL last year, and said he sucked. Then, again she isn't really familiar with his music.

God.. if i was dylan... i take me, myself, my guitar... and do the songs as the always have been... cant fix something that isnt broke!

Yeah im glad i missed it , 100 dollars would have been alot to see him... but id still really really like to see him(in a smaller place, and acoustic).... my dylan song book is like my bible so :D has to be done!