Widespread Panic...

whygowhygo Posts: 55
edited November 2006 in Other Music
Anyone here listen to these guys from Georgia?? What's your thoughts on jam music?

Discuss
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,355
    Not a big fan, but my friend's brother works on their sound for their tour. I hope that he likes 'em. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • My boyfriend is a big Widespread fan. I can dig it! Their guitar player is awesome.
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • whygowhygo Posts: 55
    cookie5798 wrote:
    My boyfriend is a big Widespread fan. I can dig it! Their guitar player is awesome.

Which guitar do you like???? Now is Jimmy Herring who is a classic..... Mikey was the heart of the band before passing away from cancer in '02....
    You talking about George?
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707
    I just went and saw them for the first time a wk ago in Detroit at the state theater and they were SO GOOD live!!! I loved the show!!! Herring is with them on this tour and he was just amazing to watch! I highly suggest that if you can catch them live to go and check them out, I loved their show! Side note we got first row and I got the setlist :)
    Not a big fan, but my friend's brother works on their sound for their tour. I hope that he likes 'em. ;)

I meet some of the road crew while waiting in line for the show...that would be funny if your friends bro was one :) I can't remeber their names...but the main one I talked to was short and kinda cubby :)
  • EbizzieEbizzie Posts: 240
    I like listening to jam bands but Widespread is just kinda...eh.

I've seen them a couple times, which is supposed to be what hooks you. The crowds at these shows pretty much ruined it for me...not a big fan of stank-ass hippies all whacked out of their minds.
    "Worse than traitors in arms are the men who pretend loyalty to the flag, feast and fatten on the misfortunes of the nation while patriotic blood is crimsoning the plains." -- Abraham Lincoln
  • allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    I just saw them for the first time in July; now I'm hooked. Can't wait to see them again. You have to see them live to see what all the fuss is about.
  • moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 535
    i haven't seen them live yet, but i've heard a lot of their live stuff through the radio. good band. i prefer moe. though.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • I dont think they will get much love on this board, but they are amazing.

Saw them over the summer. Blew me away. If you like the dead, or string cheese, or any of those type bands, you will love widespread.

They just play cool hippie music.

I recommend them, and most importantly see them live.

Saw them a few days after syd barrett died, and they did an extended tribute to him, with several songs of his being played.

By the end of the concert my feet were sore from dancing so much, I could barely move.

Widespread rules
  • whygo wrote:
    Which guitar do you like???? Now is Jimmy Herring who is a classic..... Mikey was the heart of the band before passing away from cancer in '02....
    You talking about George?

The lead guitar player, I don't know his name.
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • whygowhygo Posts: 55
    PJ & WP are my top 2 bands..... both have done good things for music today! I've seen Panic over 150 times & it does it for me.... either it does or it don''t. To each his own...... Never the same song in a 4 show stretch, I like how PJ is starting to mix it up like that now... Bringing back Dirty Frank, Wash & others! If you like to boogie, it's the place to be!

moe. is ok.... they're the next big thing!
    whygo wrote:
    PJ & WP are my top 2 bands..... both have done good things for music today! I've seen Panic over 150 times & it does it for me.... either it does or it don''t. To each his own...... Never the same song in a 4 show stretch, I like how PJ is starting to mix it up like that now... Bringing back Dirty Frank, Wash & others! If you like to boogie, it's the place to be!

moe. is so good :)
    whygo wrote:

i've been a huge fan of moe. since '00. been to every moe.down (7 total) and each year the crowd grows. i've seen them live 44 times since memorial day weekend '00 and haven't been let down at any of the shows.
    ~Michael Bolton
  • i too have never ever been let down at any moe. shows i've have been to, even the show at brookhaven a few years ago that got rained out after the first set. i still got to see les claypool that day and saw the best version of 32 things(while rain was pouring down) i have ever heard. they definately great live and the shows are fun as hell all the time, although i like north carolina/southern crowds better than the NYC crowds. there is alot of talent in that band....can't wait for the new album
    i too have never ever been let down at any moe. shows i've have been to, even the show at brookhaven a few years ago that got rained out after the first set. i still got to see les claypool that day and saw the best version of 32 things(while rain was pouring down) i have ever heard. they definately great live and the shows are fun as hell all the time, although i like north carolina/southern crowds better than the NYC crowds. there is alot of talent in that band....can't wait for the new album

lol, i saw your name and knew you'd be talking about moe.

feb. 23, 2007, new album. have you heard the 30 second clips at vh1.com? if not, here's a link:
    http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/moe/1376775/album.jhtml

i can't wait for the new album, but i'm really looking forward to the next time they're in town. they usually come around here the beginning of the year (jan. or feb.) and when they do, i'm almost certain to get front row seats.

you been to any moe.downs? if not, you should plan to go next year. last years earlybird tickets were $80, but that's 3 days of music and camping. i'm trying to get a good sized group to go this year. it's tough to get someone to commit that much money though.

sorry to derail this thread, by the way.
    ~Michael Bolton
  • moeaholic wrote:
    lol, i saw your name and knew you'd be talking about moe.

feb. 23, 2007, new album. have you heard the 30 second clips at vh1.com? if not, here's a link:
    http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/moe/1376775/album.jhtml

i can't wait for the new album, but i'm really looking forward to the next time they're in town. they usually come around here the beginning of the year (jan. or feb.) and when they do, i'm almost certain to get front row seats.

you been to any moe.downs? if not, you should plan to go next year. last years earlybird tickets were $80, but that's 3 days of music and camping. i'm trying to get a good sized group to go this year. it's tough to get someone to commit that much money though.

sorry to derail this thread, by the way.

thanks for the link! all the new songs rock... no moe.downs for me, haven't been able to go, up until now i worked in retail so i was never able to get labor day weekends off, that and their was never anyone that wanted to go. hopefully i'll be able to go next time. i always hear how awesome moe.down is!$80 is a great price for a weekend of great music and camping. can't wait to see those guys again. maybe nyc for new years....

ok back to widespread...never saw them but i would like to...
  • NCfanNCfan Posts: 945
    Panic is awesome! I've only seen them about 8 times, but each show was amazing. They come to Raleigh every year to do a two day 4-20 show. And I've seem them on New Year's Eve at Phillips Arena in Atlanta. I highly recommend going, as the experience is one you'll never forget!

Now, if I could just get my gf to dig them!
  • NCfan wrote:
    Panic is awesome! I've only seen them about 8 times, but each show was amazing. They come to Raleigh every year to do a two day 4-20 show. And I've seem them on New Year's Eve at Phillips Arena in Atlanta. I highly recommend going, as the experience is one you'll never forget!

Now, if I could just get my gf to dig them!
    Everyday listen to Everyday! WSP is excellent. I love Housers solo on Diner.