LOVE for Kings of Leon here...

walkthamilewalkthamile Posts: 349
edited December 2006 in Other Music
Show it!

This band is opening for Pearl jam in Sydney and they are so awesome.

Saw them at Sydney 1 and they were amazing, wish they played longer...!
+--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Damn good really enjoying their first two albums, Did they play any of their new material?
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Damn good really enjoying their first two albums, Did they play any of their new material?

They played 2 songs that I had never heard...I have their first two albums and have heard all of their b-side songs so i'm assuming it is new material...it sounded awesome!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Good grief....I just happen to be listening to "Joe's Head" when I saw this thread!

I saw them open for U2 3 times last year...I really like their sound. A bit of the shoegazer, but I think they're growing out of that. Looking forward to some new music from them!
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Damn good live band.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Great band. From the new stuff I've heard they really are growing as a band. I know they are all really young so hopefully they can keep it together and stick around for a while. They were great opening in Hawaii. After seeing them in small venues (which is great, don't get me wrong) the sound at the Blaisdell was awesome. Big and full.
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Their new album is out in Jan right? Can't wait...
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • i love KOL , they are seriously one of the best bands on the past 6 years
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • I rate em, specially when Ed's on stage with them.....SYDNEY 3!!!!!!!
    Ten Club member 363***

7/11/06, 8/11/06, 18/11/06

escape is never the safest plan...
  • My new favorite band!!! I just started listening to em a few months ago and haven't really stopped since. An amazing band that i really really need to see live.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Great Band, I just got into them a couple months ago.

EDIT TO SAY: I agree completely with western pearl.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • i just started listening to KOL about a month ago and also haven't stopped. His voice and their sound is such a throwback, yet so refreshing. I hate the people that call them the southern strokes. I just hope I can see them live. What song does Eddie sing with them on stage?