The official "Pearl Jam is better than any other band" Thread!

2»

Comments

• brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    Oh, hooray for the internet and those great debates...

By the way, ABBA is the best band of all time, no doubt about it.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    I didn't post a U2 video?

I don't recall anyone mentioning Radiohead either. ;)
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • stu gee wrote:
    Its an impossible question to answer, who is the best band of all time.
    No it isn't, the answer is Led Zeppelin.
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    The Hatter wrote:
    No it isn't, the answer is Led Zeppelin.

Its an impossible question to answer correctly then.

Everyone has their own opinion.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • audiodave wrote:
    I don't recall anyone mentioning Radiohead either. ;)

Oh yeah, RADIOHEAD!

Even though OK Computer is soooo damn over rated...Good album but damn it aint as good as what they say it is!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
  • Of all time, they're up there, yes. I would say that they're a step or two down from Zeppelin, The Doors and The Beatles. However in this day and age they are untouchable. U2, The Stones and The Who have become a tad tedious, still enjoyable, but lack the glory they once claimed.

Best band of all time? Maybe. They've still got a bit of a job to do.

Best band in the world? I couldn't agree more.
  • Im sorry i love pearl jam but there is noo way in hell that they are better than some of the most influencial bands of all time i.e zeppelin ( Jimmy Page is the ultimate rock guitarist minus Hendrix) or the stones, the who and sabbath or the Jimmy hendrix experience and what about the most influencial rock band/band of all time THE BEATLES!! Dont get me wrong I love Pearl Jam but i just feel like these bands are somewhat superior to them.
    With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothing done!
  • Unless you can explain otherwise, Pearl Jam ARE the best band that has ever existed...EVER!

i find it silly at best, and quite dismissive..to declare ANY band, or any anything for that matter, *THE* best ever...b/c a. it's SO subjective b. it discounts countless talented/amazing artists for no reason c. it serves no purpose whatsoever.

so then, imho, there is NO 'best ever' band, artist, ice cream, etc.....etc.....there are many, many amazing of each category, and we all, with our highly sujective and individualized tastes...will prefer some more than others...and that is merely our opinion...and nothing at all definitive or conclusive of what or whom is 'best.'

sure..i love pearl jam...but i love a LOT of artists/musicians.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• i find it silly at best, and quite dismissive..to declare ANY band, or any anything for that matter, *THE* best ever...b/c a. it's SO subjective b. it discounts countless talented/amazing artists for no reason c. it serves no purpose whatsoever.

so then, imho, there is NO 'best ever' band, artist, ice cream, etc.....etc.....there are many, many amazing of each category, and we all, with our highly sujective and individualized tastes...will prefer some more than others...and that is merely our opinion...and nothing at all definitive or conclusive of what or whom is 'best.'

sure..i love pearl jam...but i love a LOT of artists/musicians.

I find it silly at best to not have a 'best'.

I'm sure thoughout your life you have had a best car, a best pair of shoes, a best shirt, a best friend, a best man, a best song, a best dog...ever

And in just the same way, i'm saying Pearl Jam are the best band...ever.
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
  • I find it silly at best to not have a 'best'.

I'm sure thoughout your life you have had a best car, a best pair of shoes, a best shirt, a best friend, a best man, a best song, a best dog...ever

And in just the same way, i'm saying Pearl Jam are the best band...ever.

if you beleive pj is the best band ever that is your opinion. personally i think you should keep that opinion to yourself. pj is defiently my fav band, but the best ever. i dont think it is possible to look past bands like zepplin, the doors and the stones who will go down in history as being as greatest rock backs ever. hopefully in the future pj will reach this level and will been seen by everyone as being one of the greatest rock bands.
  • if you beleive pj is the best band ever that is your opinion. personally i think you should keep that opinion to yourself. pj is defiently my fav band, but the best ever. i dont think it is possible to look past bands like zepplin, the doors and the stones who will go down in history as being as greatest rock backs ever. hopefully in the future pj will reach this level and will been seen by everyone as being one of the greatest rock bands.
    I'm on the side of 'no band can the 'the best ever' ' but honestly think about this..

When pearl jam are aged as much as the Who or The Stones and STILL making great music.. What i'm saying is that most people's opinion of the 'best' bands ever seems to be based on longevity almost as much as quality. Pj are bound to end up in the same breath as Zeppelin and The Who in 20 years.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • SoupySoupy Posts: 171
    Popular concensus states 'The Beatles' are the greatest band ever.
    But listen to the first few 'Beatles' albums and try and convince yourself of that. Ok they got good from Rubber Soul to Revolvor (that's 3 albums) and anything after Revolver was on decline.

Then there's the terminal dull office boys favourate band 'Pink Floyd' a band completely lacking any personality or soul, they created records/albums with the same way a lab technition might create a formulae. They truely are Anti Rock 'n' Roll in everyway.

Normally Led Zepplin, The Who, The Stones, The Doors, Radiohead (haha!), The Ramones, Nirvana will get support mostly from people who only own a 'greatest hits' compalation by that band. But ultimatly it doesn't really matter just find a band you like it doesn't matter if they are the biggest band in the world or some wierd little travelling circus on some tiny independent label. If they are your fav band they are the best band in the world.