Minus The Bear

Evensolo05Evensolo05 Posts: 118
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Thanks to a few people on this board I have discovered this band. I have They Make Beer Comercials Like This, I was wondering what would be the next album to get from this band? I really dig "Lets Play Clowns" at the minute. Good Band!
no additives, preservatives, or artificial colouring
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I would recommend Minus El Oso or Highly Refined Pirates and then Planet of Ice. Planet of Ice while very good is more mellow than their earlier stuff. Like I said, still very good but if you like Beer Commercials I would try one of the other two first. Just my opinion.
  • i'm going to see them for the third time next week. They are incredible. Was introduced to them and ted leo about 2 years ago. I was adamant to the person who introduced me to them that they would be ideal pj openers. lo and behold ted leo is opening now! minus the bear is very talented. If you are looking for a live performance, theres one in circulation from melkweg, 11-30-2006. I would suggest also, menos el oso, highly refined pirates (which is great) and planet of ice. Planet of ice shows how much they matured through there discography. There is also a remix cd called interpretations del oso which is pretty awesome. Enjoy!
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I've stumbled on these guys and ended up buying almost all of their records. I love Highly refined Pirates, with Planet of Ice a close second.

Also, I dont know if it's still available, but I found a compilation DVD with Minus the Bear, a few other kick ass bands, and our very own Eddie Vedder. It's called Burn to Shine and was sold in limited quanitities. Check it out.

http://www.trixiedvd.com/bts/
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,227
    Planet Of Ice was my favorite album from last year. I've only begun to dig into their older stuff, but POI is near perfect. Going to see them Sunday...
  • scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    I just discovered minus the bear too.

good band. looking forward to hearing more music from them
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Great Great Band.

I still like Highly Refined Pirates the best. Although i enjoy all their albums and eps
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • VMGACgVMGACg Posts: 135
    houston we have an uh-oh

YAR!
    I am questioning my education