Sepultura

Evensolo05Evensolo05 Posts: 118
edited July 2007 in Other Music
Been listening to a lot of Sepultura recently (Cavalera era obviously) Any fans?
I have Chaos AD what else would you guys recommend as another good Sepultura album?
no additives, preservatives, or artificial colouring
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Try Roots. Amazing drum sound.
    Then you had to bring up reincarnation over a couple of beers the other night
  • danedane Posts: 1,062
    LOL
    Oh man that brings up alot of memories. I sold all my really heavy CD's- like Sepultura, Pantera, Obituary etc - years ago. The biggest mistake of my life. I miss those good old times, with all the headbanging, slamdancing and all that.

Imo Chaos AD is their best album. But also get Arise with Dead embryonic cells and Orgasmatron on it. Great songs!

REFUSE::::::::::::RESIST!
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Roots is where its at
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    Chaos A.D. is an amazing album... I would also recommend Arise.

By the way, get the Nativity in Black album! It's a Black Sabbath tribute album:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nativity_in_Black

The "Symptom of the Universe" has one of the best acoustic endings I've ever heard! Sepultura shows that they're just as good playing unplugged..

ps. the 1000 Homo DJ's on the N.I.B. album has Trent Reznor in it and fucking rules!!
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    ROOTS is their best album IMO
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    Julien wrote:
    ROOTS is their best album IMO

im on the Roots bandwagon myself :)
  • The VacantThe Vacant Posts: 271
    Arise is the way to go. Dead Embryonic Cells, Arise, Desperate Cry, Altered State, and the cover of Motorhead's Orgasmatron are all standout tracks.

Roots started to delve into the nu-metal sound Soulfly ran with. Roots Bloody Roots and Ratamahatta do kick ass though.
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    In addition to the three albums already discussed, I recommend Beneath The Remains from 1989. It's heavy & well-written...excellent music.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • not4unot4u Posts: 512
    soulfly's first album
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • Definitely get Arise, I'm not a big fan of Roots though. The Under A Pale Grey Sky live album is great as well.
  • Fu_ManchuFu_Manchu Posts: 422
    I'd also say Beneath the Remains and Arise.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    Definitely get Arise, I'm not a big fan of Roots though. The Under A Pale Grey Sky live album is great as well.

i was at that concert. the crowd had no idea the shit that was going down backstage after that great performance. sepultura died as a band to me when max left. however good or otherwise the music has been since (and i don't know as i could'nt bring myself to listen to any of it) it just isn't sepultura to me.

don't ignore beneath the remains. it has a pretty harsh production but the songs are great!
  • Sepultura are ace, essential purchaces.... Beneath the Remains, Arise, Chaos AD (obviously), Roots, Nation (I know it's not Max but it's the ONLY good effort with Derrick Green) and Against.

Any Soulfly fans here? I'm a massive Soulfly fan, seen them 9 times, I know some people think they're shit cuz it's not Sepultura but I think it's a good progression from Roots and what Max wants to do, he's such a good song writer... anyone agree?
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762

Any Soulfly fans here

hell yeah ~ Prophecy is such a solid album
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick